false ALARM!!!!

wil_

okay, as the title says, we're starting to get some false alarms with the CX9 GT - it's been raining a bit this week & the wife has had it go off for no reason a couple of times, yeah, yeah, i thought the same thing & she even admitted that she *might* have triggered the panic button....

but it just went off tonight, sitting in the driveway, not raining, but rained all last night with no incident...

i opened and closed all the doors and the hatch & hood to insure all were well shut...

has anyone else had this happen? any idea what i might check?

no one?

guess mine is just screwed up.... went off TWICE in the middle of last night... my neighbors love me.

no one?

guess mine is just screwed up.... went off TWICE in the middle of last night... my neighbors love me.

I haven't had it happen but it's possible.
If you read the fine print on these remotes they say the device cannot emit interference and must accept any interference it may receive. It could be that the alarm is being set off by some electronic device in your immediate neighborhood operating on a related frequency.

The other not so good and less likely possibility is that some thieves are savvy enough to have gotten a hold of devices that search frequencies and id vehicles they can rip off by matching a remotes frequency. It could be someone going through the area casing the joint. Not real likely, but not impossible.

Last edited:
interesting considerations... but, it has happened other than at our house... i think the system is either too senstive or somehow malfunctioning...

Back