DSC on or off?

to add to this circuit that switches the startup, i personally enjoy pushing buttons on startup, since i got the boost guage i now have two things i can adjust before i start, makes me feel like im in a spaceship, luxuries like that dont compare to the one touch open sunroof which would aid in driver safety and allow you an extra hand for the 5+ seconds it takes to open.

A horrbile warning to all the fans of DSC off

I thought DSC was only a burn-out-throttle-down thing, didn't realize I was shutting off the entire torque ratio management system.

First of all: Yes. I'm an idiot. I did something stupid. Now you don't have to say it...

I Hit the "DSC Off", brought up the revs, and toasted the kid in the Honda next to me at a traffic light, and then hit the brakes coming to the next intersection. I approached the corner at no more than 10-15 mph, checked for traffic, and then powered through - like I'd done many times before. Except that without DSC, the rear wheels never got the proper torque. The car went into catastrophic understeer, and slid right out of the turn like an overweight Ft-wheel drive car w/ too much power, bouncing my baby right off the curb for about $2000 in damage to the strut, wheel, tire, bearings and tie rod.

Ouch.

Keep DSC on.

Last edited:
i guarentee you that you forgot to downshift after the brake from such high rpms/speed, and you pressed the gas at 2000rpm causing no power to go to any of the wheels and for you to lose control. also, if you understeer in this car at all, you aren't droping gears and countersteering. its a real LSD in the back, and all you gotta do is turn the wheel the opposite way for a hot second. get a speed3.

DSC saved my ass from getting in an accident if you saw my old thread. Girl pulled out right in front of me going like 40 mph and the DSC saved me from fishtailing and causing a 3-4 car collision.

Only time I would take it off is if im driving in a closed area or on the track. At least for the speed 6 it doesn't change driving except for the launch.

never saw this. but i make and sell TCS/DSC modules to default the system to off when you start the car. hit me up if your interested in one.

You must be an authorized vendor/authorized merchant member to sell things on here. please contact antoine to set that up.

ah, see and i would have thought you would not abuse a car that you wanted to give to your mother when you were done...

lol i dont call that abuse i call abuse not changin oil, brakes, never wash it, leave it out in the hell, let people hit it with there doors at walmart.... but launching it and driving it like it was stolen is a mazda thing :) you just have to do that :) s*** my mom loves mazdas to and likes to see what they can do somtimes lol..........

Back