Protege5 - How many miles have you gone before changing the timing belt?

184,000 miles when finally decided to change ours.. and it looked fine and could have gone a lot longer. Did the tensioner and the water pump at the same time.

I'm at 158k miles so far and still running strong.

i'm about the same...160ish maybe...going in the garage (now next month) and i'll have at it! actually looking forward to it!(braindead

Psh, not me. I'd rather do another one on my Civic. At least that engine bay hasn't been a big FeO2 experiment

I have only 77K on mine and it still runs like its brand new, also on the original clutch! still driving hard

Daaaang. Wish I could say that. I was having issues with the rear calipers so I was changing the pads / rotors every year for two years. Now they don't even work...

Mine decided to become a pain in my ass this past winter. I really should fix this crap. Haha.

I just bought a 2002 with only 36.5k on it...do I need to be concerned about the timing belt due to age? It has such low miles, and it's not recommended to be changed for a LONG time still. Any advice?

I just bought a 2002 with only 36.5k on it...do I need to be concerned about the timing belt due to age? It has such low miles, and it's not recommended to be changed for a LONG time still. Any advice?

time_bomb.jpg

I'm just kidding (partially). You should be fine for a while.

184,000 miles when finally decided to change ours.. and it looked fine and could have gone a lot longer. Did the tensioner and the water pump at the same time.
How much did it cost you to do all the work as i will do exactly the same if price is right?

Back