Rally lights ???

LV Tunerz

:
07 MS6 GT
I am looking to install 3 or 4 PIAA lights on a bar in front of my grill , does anyone know if anyone makes them for the Speed 6 . Cuz if not i will be making my own bar and do all the install an wiring myself ??? when im talking about the PIAA lights i mean the big a$$ round ones

dude this isn't rally car. it says in the manual not to take off road, you would be well advised not to. just because it is awd doesn't mean it can do what sti's do. not to mention that sounds like it will look ugly. i mean props to you but that isn't my thing and i'm sure others agree.

yeah im going to be build my speed 6 for rally to prove to Mitsu and subi that they are not the only main cars on the market here in the US to buy . So that is one reason im looking for rally lights !!!

your a tool.

this is by far the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard someone want to do to a speed6...

yah im going to rally this car , weather its kool or not , it has potential . With the right minds and know how it can and will be done . . . By me !!!!

speed6 rally car..............HELL YEAHZZZZZZZ!

good luck cause I doubt you'll follow through with the rallycar plan after seeing some of your posts you started....

yeah i know i wanted massive amounts of power , but i was talking with someone else on the forum and decided that im just going to build the car for rally , well at least build it up for rally . . . If there are doubts among ppl i will only prove wrong hehe ,

i think i'm going to put a lift kit on my speed6 and then take it to a monster truck show, you know just to show all those other trucks that a car with a lift kit can do it.

common guys give him a break.... but "LV_Tunerz" in their defense the code requirement for a vehicle to be classified as a :Rally car" must have no bigger than a 2.0L tank, we have 2.3L sooo......

Never the less good luck, POST PIX!

at least if you keep the stock springs, the car's already rally lifted (rlaugh)

lol, anyway, the awd system is, but isn't, too good when you look at it for rallying. i believe there is a very very large thread all about our awd system you should probably check out. other than that, i'd say do it because this car has lots of mid range torque to twist it and manipulate it around corners. but as others said, owners manual says not to take it off road, period. but it probably also says not to race it lol. as for rally lights, don't do it. you'll need some thick beefy dirt racing tires too. do you have a rally course near you to even practice on?

a more positive note from me on this subject is that you could maybe mount your lights by using the spots in the lower grille where the front tow hooks go.

Attachments

• tow.JPG
    tow.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
but "LV_Tunerz" in their defense the code requirement for a vehicle to be classified as a :Rally car" must have no bigger than a 2.0L tank, we have 2.3L sooo......QUOTE]

Almost correct. For Production and Group 2 classes, that's true. However, the MS6 would qualify for the Open class. Rally America doesn't let you start out in Open class, though. You have to prove yourself with a 2WD, non-turbo car, first.

The ultimate Mazda rally car would be a MS3 with the MS6 AWD. Here's a kickass little MS3 rally car that competes very well.

lurch1.jpg

lurch5.jpg

Last edited:
but "LV_Tunerz" in their defense the code requirement for a vehicle to be classified as a :Rally car" must have no bigger than a 2.0L tank, we have 2.3L sooo......QUOTE]

Almost correct. For Production and Group 2 classes, that's true. However, the MS6 would qualify for the Open class. Rally America doesn't let you start out in Open class, though. You have to prove yourself with a 2WD, non-turbo car, first.

The ultimate Mazda rally car would be a MS3 with the MS6 AWD. Here's a kickass little MS3 rally car that competes very well.

lurch1.jpg

lurch5.jpg

oh touche , i like what im hearing , please link me to the open class please

at least if you keep the stock springs, the car's already rally lifted (rlaugh)

lol, anyway, the awd system is, but isn't, too good when you look at it for rallying. i believe there is a very very large thread all about our awd system you should probably check out. other than that, i'd say do it because this car has lots of mid range torque to twist it and manipulate it around corners. but as others said, owners manual says not to take it off road, period. but it probably also says not to race it lol. as for rally lights, don't do it. you'll need some thick beefy dirt racing tires too. do you have a rally course near you to even practice on?

Not to bust every body's bubble..... but since when did any of you listen to what the ******* manual says? Pretty sure the manual says to let the dealer service your car and change the oil, and I'm sure many of you are like I am and do it yourself.

I guarantee it says the same crap for the STI and the EVO manuals "not meant for off road use" and I distinctly remember reading it in my F150's manual as well... and i had it in the 4x4 "off road" package... lol

Those rally cars aren't "factory off the floor" cars, they have all the mods (mostly suspension) needed for rally racing, the stock suspension is NOT going to handle a 50 (or more) foot jump through the air... I would be surprised if it even took a 20 foot jump without any damage to it.

That's not to say it can't be done with our car if LV here does all the right modifications to it. I for one would actually like to see someone do it, if they have the money for it, that would be freaking sweet and maybe even get us even more attention in the mod market ;)

thanks koenig for the support i know i have to mod alot of stuff on the car and i do plan on doing that .... !!!!

lurch1.jpg

lurch5.jpg

thanks bro, I learn somethin new everyday

Latest posts

Back