Cars.com Names Top Cars for City Drivers

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
And the 2008 Mazda5 is included! I believe the 19MPG is extreme low though. The turning circle rules!

There aren't many minivans that scream "city-friendly," but the Mazda5 takes the family-hauler concept and shrinks it to a manageable size that still has room for six. The 2008 model has a fresh look but retains its distinct Japanese edginess. Even though it's 20 inches shorter than a Honda Odyssey, the Mazda5 is still substantial, coming in at almost exactly the same length as a Toyota RAV4. Steering is sharp for tight parking maneuvers, and the ride is relatively smooth.

- Length: 181.5 inches
- Turning circle: 34.8 feet
- Seats: 6
- City MPG: 19

http://www.cars.com/go/about/us.jsp?section=P&content=rel&date=20071002

My guess is their city MPG estimates are for 'true' cities. Not just hauling around town, more like downtown of major cities where you sit still longer than you're moving. Cool that we got a mention, though

I sent them some comments about the mileage, hopefully they correct it... seems like peeps keep settin the 5 up for bad mileage, when it owns minivans and many cars in that regards.

Looks like the the 2008 EPA mileage they reported, which is 19 city, 25 highway.

I'll continue enjoying the 23-25 city, 30-32 highway that we actually get.

Back