Discount Tire Direct - $100 off 4 wheels or 4 tires OR $200 off 4 wheels+tires

Hirudin

:
'07 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - Silver, GT
Discount Tire Direct - $50 off 4 wheels or 4 tires OR $100 off 4 wheels+tires

EDIT: Quick update, discount tire direct is having another sale, this time they're only offering $50 off for sets of 4.

I hope a post like this is allowed...

Through October 20th Discount Tire Direct is having a sale on sets of tires or rims. Buy 4 tires: get $100 off instantly, buy 4 wheels: get $100 off instantly, buy 4 wheels AND 4 tires: get $200 off instantly! A truly awesome deal!

Like tirerack they also have free mounting and balancing, plus their shipping is free (UPS Ground). For a set of Enkei RPF1s, a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons (225/45 18), and a set of TPMS sensors (quoted over the phone at $67 each) here are the totals I got...
Tirerack.com: $2130.69
Discount Tire Direct: $1928.00 ($202.69 less, nice!) (remember to remove all the stuff you don't want from the cart, like the lug nuts)

Source
Discount Tire Direct

Last edited:
ya, i saw this...they already have really low prices, and that added bonus is just icing on the cake!

They don't sell Toyos :(

Also, Goodyears right now have a $40 MIR cash card on a set of four tires, which can be combined with this offer.

However, taking 235/40 ZR 18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's as an example (a tire I might buy), the price on Discount is $219 vs $209 on tirerack, and you still get the $40 MIR.

Last edited:
ya, i did notice that they carry a different set of tires than tirerack. works out well for me, though, since it gives me the breadth of selection i like having available if i shop both places...oO

Tire rack doesn't carry a full selection of Toyos. They definitely don't have anything for the MS3 in Toyo.

i was thinkin really hard about the new dunlop direzzas when i kill my stock summers...they're REALLY reasonably priced!

i'm trying to pick between some falken ziex ze-912's and some general exclaim uhp the generals are higher rated. but i haven't messed with many high performance tires. what do you guys think?

However, taking 235/40 ZR 18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's as an example (a tire I might buy), the price on Discount is $219 vs $209 on tirerack, and you still get the $40 MIR.
Don't forget that TireRack charges for shipping while Discount Tire Direct has shipping included in the price.

TR: $209 * 4 = $836
+ $30 for shipping (guess) = $866
- $40 = $826

DTD: $219 * 4 = $876
- $100 = $776
- $40 = $736

With this deal, Discount Tire Direct is $90 less for the same tire and shipping! Worst case scenario: somehow you got free shipping at TR and could not get the $40 rebate for the tires, DTD would still be $20 less!

Last edited:
Those are dirt cheap prices! Im thinking of buying an extra set even though I just bought some a couple weeks ago.

Just bought the Falken ZE 912's. Very nice tire but the sidewalls feel soft which makes for a nice ride. Might just pick up some 452' and save them for next summer.

using the TR calculator, the ideal tire size to replace the stock 215's would be 225/45/18 (for the MS3). But you can save quite a bit more money getting 225/40/18 tires.

anybody have an opinion on the pros/cons of getting a slightly undersized (smaller dia.) tire? I know it throws off the speedometer somewhat.

What would be the cons to buying tires now, if they will be sitting in an unheated shed for a year or so?

I ask as I could pick up replacement tires for under $200 for all four but the tires on my car currently have 6/32nds of tread and should last another year or possibly longer.

I know it throws off the speedometer somewhat.
I bet you've considered this as well, but it'll also make your odometer count slightly faster.

... hey, I guess you could tell people you get better gas mileage

Last edited:
I took advantage of this for my P5 (205/50/16s.) I negotiated a little bit with Tires.com customer service because Tire Rack had lower prices. I was able to replace my Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S with a new set for $396 to my door. WOO HOO!

Back