Own a Mazda MX-6? Post Your Pics!

Yes. The BBS wheels on my car are from an earlier RX-7. The reason I wanted to use to them is that they were the same size and offset as the OEM wheels, therefor legal for stock class, but much lighter.

Alphanumeric,
If you are running stock, one thing to remember is those bigger wheels and tires are heavier and take more power to turn. How much I haven't a clue. Also the 225/50-15 or 225/45 -15 tires will fit on the stock size rims. :)

thanx for the advice :p !! i've got a set of stocks for autox sitting around in my garage. i've got 205/50/15 falken rt-615s since when i got them i didnt know that i could go up to 225s and stay legal for street tire class :p i can definitely feel the difference between the 15's (running shoes) and 17's (casuals). when the tires wear out, im looking into a set of rota slipstreams (which ill never run on the street) or FD's. i've heard that FD's need spacers though, is that right ?

I like these types of threads...I'm going to try this one out as a sticky...Hopefully we'll see this thread grow! (thumb)

Alphanumeric,
So how did the autocross go?

didnt do as well as i'd expect, i kept swinging the rear out and couldn't get used to the car's quicker accelleration (had some fuel system work done a few days before) hopefully i can learn how to handle the extra quickness by next event on aug 25 :p

I don't have a mx6 but i want to buy one, my question is which one is faster??

88-92 mx6 GT --> 2400lbs 2.2 4cyl turbo engine 145hp/190tq

92-97 mx6 LS --> 2600lbs 2.5 V6 engine 160hp/160tq

On my opinion the old one wins from take off

Suggestions please! thx!

whitemx602.jpg

selling it right now, $2700 takes it.

I don't have a mx6 but i want to buy one, my question is which one is faster??

88-92 mx6 GT --> 2400lbs 2.2 4cyl turbo engine 145hp/190tq

92-97 mx6 LS --> 2600lbs 2.5 V6 engine 160hp/160tq

On my opinion the old one wins from take off

Suggestions please! thx!

for outright speed, i'd take the 1st gen, but for looks and decent speed, i'd go with a 2nd gen. mine's not that fast in a straight line, and maybe with a better driver could be faster around corners but it's a fun enough drive for me--VRIS FTW !!! :D

Not fast, Pretty reliable but at a certain age they need a bit of money put into them.

Think of a Mazda 626, Your speeds are about the same ;) As it is the exact same car chassis and drive terrain.

Not a huge aftermarket for these cars either. Either you go big or go home.

My freinds Mx-6

He was upset with the wheel gap after seeing my car so he decided to cut the springs. Like a good friend I warned him of the dangers and then proceeded to help him.

PIC_0001-2.jpg

PIC_0002-1.jpg

PIC_0003-1.jpg

cut springs = :( i guess just be real careful...

here's an updated pic of mine with the "new" jspecs

Attachments

• sdnimg_0809.JPG
    sdnimg_0809.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
^

Looking good bro. Let me guess you have lowering springs?

thanx ! :D ... yeah i have eibachs they work well enough for street/autoX... may i suggest a moderate drop with a 45-50 profile sidewall to lessen the fender gap ? btw what's ur suspension setup ? looks like a nice drop as well

My set up is cut perches on the struts and coil overs ;)

Slam for pics, nice drop for DD, and al the ay up for the winter!

(alright)

My set up is cut perches on the struts and coil overs ;)

Slam for pics, nice drop for DD, and al the ay up for the winter!

(alright)

nice ! adjustable height FTW :D

how's the coil over ride on the street ? i've been thinking of switching over to ground controls for a while now...

I was very impressed withthe overall ride. and the further you wind them up the better it gets.

Get K-sports.

Back