Lesser known badges?

peajay

:
03.5 Silver MSP
I <i>really</i> want my mazdaspeed emblem gone, It's an eyesore. But i dont want to do any body fill and sand and repaint, i know it will never be up to par with what i want the car to look like, i dont trust myself with the job and know no one whom i would trust it to.
so does anyone have suggestions on badges that are possibly the same anchor pin size or badges that are something other than the 'turbo' badge i see everywhere? even if i do have to fill it in as long as something else slaps over the 'repair' i could live with it. i just dont see anything i like.

peajay said:
I <i>really</i> want my mazdaspeed emblem gone, It's an eyesore. But i dont want to do any body fill and sand and repaint, i know it will never be up to par with what i want the car to look like, i dont trust myself with the job and know no one whom i would trust it to.
so does anyone have suggestions on badges that are possibly the same anchor pin size or badges that are something other than the 'turbo' badge i see everywhere? even if i do have to fill it in as long as something else slaps over the 'repair' i could live with it. i just dont see anything i like.

I have the Autoexe badge. Just fits over the holes. http://www.autoexe.co.jp/english/functional/functional detail.html#accessories top

You can get the familia badge as well. I've had it for a number of years now.

Hambino said:
You can get the familia badge as well. I've had it for a number of years now.

Yeah, but he wants to change the mazdaspeed one, not the protege one. i'd be weird if he had protege on one side and familia on the other

vancitymsp said:
Yeah, but he wants to change the mazdaspeed one, not the protege one. i'd be weird if he had protege on one side and familia on the other

Yeah I didn't think that through.

-is that autoexe badge pink?
Wonder if that carbon shift knob will fit the MSP. Kinda like the Wave Logo Stripe, wonder if any vendors here sell that.

You could always go Old School:
94e5_1.JPG

I found this on Ebay for less than $10, and had to have it.

Hmm, that miata badge is nice...I'll have to do some measuring and find out the distance from hole to hole see what i can work with. i"m just paranoid of rust(nervous) this is my first non rusted car hahah i dont want to try and look better than end up with rust.

Rust won't be an issue.

I pulled of my Protege badge LONG ago to replace it with a gunmetal Porsche turbo badge. The holes are there, yes -- but remember, everything back there is painted, therefore the holes won't rust.

Pulling off the stock Mazdaspeed badge in exchange for the Miata Mazdaspeed one is the came concept as what I did. What you really need to make sure of is that the new badge will fall correctly -- and actually cover the holes.

peajay said:
Hmm, that miata badge is nice...I'll have to do some measuring and find out the distance from hole to hole see what i can work with. i"m just paranoid of rust(nervous) this is my first non rusted car hahah i dont want to try and look better than end up with rust.
I actually have one of those badges right here. Just by eyeing it up to the car, it looks like you should be able to cover the holes. If it doesn't cover them completely, it will cover them enough that unless you get right on top of it, you won't notice. If you are worried about rust, you could easily backfill the two holes with some type of bondo.(shrug) Like Rush said though, everything is pretty well painted. But I agree, I wouldn't want water dripping into my trunk either.

Rally Ninja said:
-is that autoexe badge pink?
Wonder if that carbon shift knob will fit the MSP. Kinda like the Wave Logo Stripe, wonder if any vendors here sell that.

It's red

That badge is hawt .. except that it would make me insane for two reasons.

1. My car has been a 'MSP' in my brain since about a week after I purchased it.

2. My license plate says 'HER MSP' .. Therefore, having that badge put on would make no sense, hahaha.

Too bad there isn't a way to rearrange the letters!

Back