No Power to Stock P5 head unit

jimmysuite

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
I disconnected my battery today in order to more easily install my AWR side mount inserts...after I finished up putting everything back together car started fine but no power to stock head deck no lights, clock anything, I cant even get my CD's out...Is there some sort of theft lock for our stock head units? I checked the radio and ROOM fuses they are both fine... I searched the forum for something like this and didnt find anything... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I replaced my battery a few months ago and didnt have any problems... so I have no idea wahat the hell is going on.

btw ALL other accesories seem to be working fine... i.e. interior/exterior lights, power windows and locks ect.

I was going to suggest to check the fuses but you said that you checked them already. Other than that, I don't know.

chuyler1 said:
It has to be a fuse. Check all fuses under the hood and in the driver's kick panel.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know what else it could possibly be. If it worked before you disconnected the battery, but didn't after, only possible thing would be a fuse.

Not fixed yet...all the fuses are good and there is power at the fuse so between the fuse and the radio there is power loss somewhere. I wired in the stock spare tire subwoofer a while back so im guessing it was chance that the radio stopped working when I had the battery out. going to be taking the deck out tomorrow and taking a looksy at the connections I made...

Back