What have you done to your Miata today?

I did some ghetto paint work: sanded off some surface rust that had formed where the PO had run it into everything in sight and primed the spots to keep the rust off. Now I've just got to knock out a few dozen dents and I can do some rattle can touch-up work. It's kind of refreshing to have a race car with s*** paint that you really aren't that concerned with the appearance of.

Yay!! I'm glad you still remember you have it. ;). You should seriously consider taking a hike over to Lincoln for the Nationals in a week and a hang out a bit with your Atl. Region buddies.

I had installed a hitch a few weeks ago. Got the wiriing harness last week and installed it. Was from Curt and was the BEST wiring harness for a trailer I have ever installed. No cutting or splicing of wires. It plugs into the existing wiring at the bulb in series. Very nice.

I feel your pain. Been there. Same thing. It sucks. (unamused)

Took the entire front apart. The arm that the water pump pulley bolts too is completely separated from the pump housing. I also discovered that my crank pulley only has 3 of the 4 bolts holding it on. fml.

On the plus side, the timing belt looks brand new. I guess they cheaped out and opted to not replace the water pump when they did the timing belt.

Anything else I should be looking at while im in there?

I fitted a GPS tracking unit into mine early this week :)

so now when my alarm goes off for over a x amount of seconds I receive a phone call and a txt telling me the location of my mx

and I can also do a few things and get the location of my mx...

Parked next to another MSM at work today.

8517_131702300562_632010562_3081700_3187309_n.jpg

well, got it running finally. apparently there is a spacer behind the crank pulley that can be installed backwards. It is what the crank sensor picks up on and if it is installed backwards, it wont get its signal.

You can get spark, compression, etc but the car will not start.

confusing as s*** but easily fixed.

Fitted a Brake Master Cylinder brace the other day

Looks to be a Cusco but painted in black but not sure tho

posting from iphone. . . dunno why it did a sad face

Anyways, bought a 1990 Miata!

046da029.jpg

Drove mine in the rain today. What I should say is that I had fun trying to keep it pointed straight.

cleared out the trunk

The holes from the rack were never filled so carpet and padding came out that were causing the stank.

also locked the center console arm rest and can't get it open again. . . . .

WD-40'd the squeaky clutch pedal

Registered it in my name

That center console lock is just plastic. I locked mine once and opened it afterwards because I forgot. It popped right apart.

Huh. Alrighty then.

And the glovebox doesn't lock either.

So no safe storage of paperwork......

Back