What have you done to your Miata today?

It's official. I'm picking up 04 velocity red MSM, # 1526 after work.

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Congrats dude!

As for mine, we put 68 autocross runs on the car this weekend. Holy balls was that a fun time!!

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Congrats dude!

As for mine, we put 68 autocross runs on the car this weekend. Holy balls was that a fun time!!

Thanks dude. Time has officially slowed to a crawl.

just finished some welding on a header for my brother's NA (header was hitting the trans tunnel). Will be putting it back on the car tomorrow. Ugh I should have been wearing a long sleeve shirt. My arm is going to burn bad :(

Welp, I got screwed over on my Miata. Miscommunication is a b****. Now I'm glad I didn't go blabbing about it two weeks ago when I was looking at this thing.

Welp, I got screwed over on my Miata. Miscommunication is a b****. Now I'm glad I didn't go blabbing about it two weeks ago when I was looking at this thing.

"The details are as follows:
2004 VR MSM that just turned 41K on the trip home. Grand touring package - Leather and Cloth Top.
Big Enchilada package - Hydra fuel management, FM DP, custom 3" cat-back (all SS), FM IC, FM intake (with mass air delete, but it's included), GFB BOV, RC injectors, MBC. The parts were installed ~1500 miles ago.
ACT 6 puck unsprung clutch and pressure plate, new throwout bearing. Fluids changed ~1500 miles ago.
Hard Dog rollbar with crossbar for harnesses (two included).
Auto Meter boost gauge on the steering column
Tinted windows and clear bra pieces on the hood and fenders.
Royal Purple synthetic oil used.

This car is in good shape with typical wear and tear for 40K (some rock chips on the front fascia and a couple dings). The rear tires are almost new, but the fronts could be replaced soon. The wheels have some lip rash, but still look good. The interior is in great shape...no wear on the seats. The top is also excellent. I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can.
As far as the tune, it runs and drives well. My LO had this kit and it sure makes the MSM fun to drive (if it wasn't already). I had no issues on the 400-mile trek home and pulled 30+MPG. It's set at 12lbs. with fuel for 16+. With the unsprung clutch, it takes a little getting used to, but it has a nice direct connection/feel. It has had the major tuning done (a little rich/safe with power to gain from tuning)...more tweaking is possible, but not absolutely necessary. With the MAF removed, the idle bounces until it's warmed up a little. I have the MAF to reinstall in place of the delete tubing. The work was done by a shop outside Pittsburgh and I have boxes with the original parts. There might be some things I've forgot to mention, but I will add anything that comes to me.

As far as price, I'm looking for what I have in it, $11.9K. The cost for parts and labor is about two-thirds of that amount! I'm certain I could get more than what I paid, but as I said, there is a time frame I'm working in and I'd like to pass the deal on. Own an FM Speed for less than a stock one! Of course, I'm going to drive the car until I sell it.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me here or at rxrot@msn.com. The car is located in Middlebury, Indiana (north central - east of South Bend about 30 miles). It's just off the 80/90 Toll Road.

Cheers,
Gavin"

$11.9k plus $3000 in mods.. good deal.

I dropped the '01 block, rods, pistons, crank, etc off at the machine shop today for machining/fitting. The CSP engine build is officially under way. :D

got all my suspension parts in. Just waiting for someone to let me borrow a spring compressor. (shut up airc, im not just letting the spring shoot off.)

If I cant find one by tomorrow, its getting done tomorrow night without one.

If I lose an eye, or a windshield, you are paying for it.

:'(

Gotta find some piping.

DSC03816.jpg

got all my suspension parts in. Just waiting for someone to let me borrow a spring compressor. (shut up airc, im not just letting the spring shoot off.)

just put your weight on an impact gun... the stock springs aren't stiff enough to go anywhere.

Ok...found another MSM. Everything is approved and ready to go. Just have to work out title details, and it's mine.

Yay new suspension.

kinda worried. were were down to the last one (Passenger rear) and the spring compressed way easier than the rest. We were all thinking we had mixed up the springs from the fronts or something.

the rear of the car is kind of skying now. the front got lower. Will wait till everything settles then post up some pictures.

Ok...found another MSM. Everything is approved and ready to go. Just have to work out title details, and it's mine.

Congratulations. Post some pics when you can

Going to a spring clean meet tomorrow and get the car clayed and the diff fluid changed

Thanks. I have a couple pics that the guy sent me, but that doesn't count...

...unless you really want to see.

Back