Feet = feet and defrost????

DSMConvert

AWD...say Bye Bye
:
Titanium MS6
Ok first thread seemed to have disappeared for some reason. So when I select the feet only vent setting it kicks on the a/c comp and comes out the defrost vents...Basically my feet only is the exact same thing as the feet/defrost setting, instead of doing what its supposed to do which is JUST come out the bottom feet vents. Has anyone else had this issue, or can someone go out and try it and see what happens?

nope by default whenever the defrost comes on the compressor comes on... hehe even if the a/c light doesn't turn on its still on...

Ok, so I just went out in the freezing temps to help on this. Seems that when I do feet only the defrost is putting out air, but not in comparison to when I actually turn on the feet+defrost option. And the more I crank up the air, the more i get from the defrost. When the air is on its lowest setting, I can barely feel the defrost. On the highest setting, it is most certainly there. Are you certain the compressor is actually on? Or is air simply coming out of the defrost vents?

One comment about climate control and the a/c kicking on. ITS supposed to reason? Well it helps dry the air out and get rid of any mositure that could build up on the windows.
I dunno why so many people seem to complain about the a/c being on for the climate control.

As for the defrost and feet, possibly due to design ( not sure making a WAG) the system might not close the defrost vent all the way off.

My question for you, does it really matter?

DSMConvert said:
nope by default whenever the defrost comes on the compressor comes on... hehe even if the a/c light doesn't turn on its still on...
Not like that on our regular 6. You can always bypass the compressor by just turning off the AC button.(dunno)

hmm never had it do that on my other vehicles, but thanx guys for checking it out for me...I guess its just the way mazda designed it...but yea six the comp cuts on, i can hear the relay kick on....banger the only reason it matters to me is the loss of power when it kicks the a/c on...thats the one thing I hate about turbo 4cyls is that if you aren't in boost you really really notice the power loss...

Just put in on the Vent/Feet Option that is what I leave mine on the the compressor does not come on.

if you want feet....y not j/ blow face & feet and switch off all ur vent that blows to face? (compressor ON = bad fuel efficient)

eh yea there's several ways around it...I just wanted to make sure its normal...the whole point of having a brand new $30k car is so everything works correctly...

Back