Tiny scratches...

cruzdreamer

:
Former owner of Mazda CX 7 GT Electric Blue
Little surface scratches.....I have lots of them it seems and maybe because it's blue....my RX 8 was silver and I only noticed one. These scratches are every which way and there are swirl marks.....I feel it's the car wash I used twice....soft cloth....no more...only touchless for me!! How do I buff these.....those certain car waxes don't seem to help. I am picky about my car but I am trying to deal with it. Anyone else getting these or are you all smarter than me for using a touchless or doing it yourself? Any ideas to get rid of these let me know. Oh and this darn car wash stopped midway through the wash and so when it went back on for some reason I came out of it even after the rinse mode with soap all over!! I went to an employee and he goes, "yeah", "yeah" and I am like "yeah what"?....tells me to go back in line(it's extremely long) and I said "are you kidding"....I asked if he had a hose by the detailing shop and the guy hosed it down...still had a dirty tail end...Argh! Last time there for sure!! Thanks.

Sounds like small swirl marks to me. I've got a laser blue and understand what you're talking about. In the right sunlight you can see marks, which look like scratches, but are infact just barely cutting into the paint. I would use an easy on easy off wax such as neufinish or a light compound. It's extremely tough to get these marks off the car. But more likely than not after you give your auto a good wax many will be very difficult to see. I would suggest always staying away from the car wash and stick to doing everything by hand. Automated washers tend to pick up small rocks and pebbles. But don't worry most of us have what you're talking about.

I've got them on the driver side doors. I haven't used a mechanical car wash. I think the dealer may have done it during prep and clean up.

I do have some of the Zaino products(starter kit I believe)and it is alot of work i found and on my silver car I did not notice much of a difference but maybe with the blue I will notice more and it's been cold hear so I did a quick wax with another product when I first got the car. I did get asked one time what kind of wax I used(it was Black Magic Titanium...my quick wax job). Yes, no more car washes...I prefer to do it myself anyway but I was in a hurry and wanted it clean and it was cold out!! I tried Nufinish for scratches and did not do a thing to hide them! Lesson learned.......Thanks guys for your input!!!

hey all,
ive got a galaxy gray cx and noticed the same thing within a week of ownership! i was told that they wrap this plastic stuff around the nose and doors and bumpers during shipment in the cargo containers! i mean i was freaking out when i saw this after i got it home! i ended up rubbing the crap out of it( basicly buffing it out) and it worked! if you notice, they also spray the entire vehicle with almost like a cosmoline coating for protection. the windows also have like an oily substance on them. i used rubbing alcohol on them as well. i have always washed it my self since i got it and now witht the winter coming probably have to use a " car wash pit" and stay away from automatic ones. good luck .... hopefull a little rubbing out will work for you!:)

CEW73 said:
hey all,
ive got a galaxy gray cx and noticed the same thing within a week of ownership! i was told that they wrap this plastic stuff around the nose and doors and bumpers during shipment in the cargo containers! i mean i was freaking out when i saw this after i got it home! i ended up rubbing the crap out of it( basicly buffing it out) and it worked! if you notice, they also spray the entire vehicle with almost like a cosmoline coating for protection. the windows also have like an oily substance on them. i used rubbing alcohol on them as well. i have always washed it my self since i got it and now witht the winter coming probably have to use a " car wash pit" and stay away from automatic ones. good luck .... hopefull a little rubbing out will work for you!:)
No wonder.....I will try buffing them out.....and the windows I was wondering why they were always smearing and difficult to clean even when I used vinegar and water. Now I know why at least! I normally wash the car myself but every so often I want it done and I don't have time. I am getting a tribal pinstripe this week and I hope it looks good....it's silver. Here's a pic....so stay tuned. Heck, if I don't like it i take it off.

Attachments

• vinylgraphics4less_1919_4252082.gif
    vinylgraphics4less_1919_4252082.gif
    6 KB · Views: 191
Back