Key, flip key part #'s compiled

I don't mean to revive an old ass thread,

but, I got a hold of a switchblade key for a CX-7. Is there absolutely 100% NO WAY to get this key cut and programmed for the speed3?

well as far as getting cut, they sell key blanks on ebay for like 18 bucks... but you would have to try to see if you can program it with your other keys..

Getting the key cut and programmed is not a big deal. The problem is with the unlocking remote. The CX-7 uses a different wireless protocol which is not compatible with the MS-3 receiver. You can transplant the CX-7 style radio receiver, but it also does the TPMS and other stuff which can cause problems and runs into real money.

Is there a particular chip in the key itself that would need to be programmed or anything?? Like the audi and volkswagen keys?

Is there a particular chip in the key itself that would need to be programmed or anything?? Like the audi and volkswagen keys?
The chip in the key itself does not have to be programmed. The car "key recognition module" has to be programmed to accept the key.

Hi there. I have a 2005 JDM Axela SP23, and just lost my flip key whilst out terrorizing country roads on my motorbike Local dealer wants to much for the replacement parts.

Any thoughts on getting a flip key blank, and Mz6 flip fob from the states? Its literally a quarter of the cost. Should work eh?

Back