Vac Problems, NEED ADVICE QUICK!!!

MSpeed2397

:
2003.5 Speed Protege
So I got into an accident about a month ago and haven't seen my car since (until yesterday). I noticed about a week after the accident that it sounded absolutely terrible and I had no clue why. I then found out that the coupler attaching the intake to the turbo had come loose. I didn't do anything about it yet because I wanted the insurance company to see exact damages, but when I started it up at the dealer I noticed it was idling at about 12 VAC instead of 20-22 VAC. Do you think the coupler is the only reason for this or is there a leak somewhere in my vac lines? PLEASE HELP SOON! I have to go to the dealer within the next hour or so.

yes any leak post maf will cause this issue. the maf is on the intake so that will do it for sure.

No doubt...when i found that out I was just like...****! MY CAR IS DONE FOR! Hopefully this is not the case (and hopefully I will have a built block soon anyways :-D)

So I checked it out yesterday and WOW it's running like garbage. Idle is totally ******. I'm running around 10-12VAC still and no vacuum lines are bad. Any suggestions? Also all of the intercooler piping/intake piping is fine.

Edit: I also had a CEL for a minute when I started te car. I believe that the turbo is screwed as well seeing as that there was a really weird smell coming from it. Like a burning smell.

MSpeed2397 said:
So I checked it out yesterday and WOW it's running like garbage. Idle is totally ******. I'm running around 10-12VAC still and no vacuum lines are bad. Any suggestions? Also all of the intercooler piping/intake piping is fine.

Edit: I also had a CEL for a minute when I started te car. I believe that the turbo is screwed as well seeing as that there was a really weird smell coming from it. Like a burning smell.

I had a similar vac issue (12 in.HG at idle) and it turned out that the WGA was worn out and leaking. I did not have any strange smells though. I hope you did not cook the turbo. You should test the WGA for leaks.

http://vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html

Use this to test for boost/vac leaks spraying soapy water and listen (at the throttle body and plug your turbo intake and put this at the other end of the intake pipe that connects to the throttle body. Use a regulator on the air, I use 10psi since that's what I run. Not sure how to test the wastegate. You can buy a brake bleeder/vac tester gun from any auto parts to test all your vac lines and wastegate actuator to see if that is leaking.

Back