What have you done to your MSP today?

You will max out the stockers as did Nocturnalspeed with his stock turbo with 505 and Haltech

Ok that's what I thought, thanks. Will I need an upgraded fuel pump or anything else like that to go with the bigger injectors?

Get meth injection to give you extra fuel and many more benefits

I've given thought to that, but I don't think it's really necessary for my power goals while it is in daily driver status. Now once I graduate college in a year or 2, I plan on moving the MSP to weekend warrior status. Then we will see where the future lies.

where does the 3rd longer hose on the egr go?

Definitely a great deal. I would have bought that smic in a heartbeat and would have just resold the hard pipes and bov. I wish he posted those items for sale before I did the eBay fmic.

I agree. If it was posted before I bought the ebay stuff I would have gone that route but I'm excited to put together the FMIC kit
Definitely a great deal. I would have bought that smic in a heartbeat and would have just resold the hard pipes and bov. I wish he posted those items for sale before I did the eBay fmic.

So I got one of those vacuum blocks I posted before. Excellent piece for $14 shipped for a 2 port block. Just need to get some fittings for it.

I know we tap the Brake booster line but does anyone have a pic of where they tapped theirs?

Also, I had Jackelope do a 20" long MAZDASPEED decal for me to apply to the FMIC before I spray it with black radiator paint. I think thats going to look great with a black FMIC and MAZDASPEED in silver lettering.

How much was the work they did to the turbo?

For everything (getting both houses machined to fit eh Gt28 center cartridge is $150 alone) its $925. Blouch is a huge name in the Mitsubishi world and my old boss had them do some work on his daily driven Evo that was throwing 500whp down so I know its a tad high if you compare just getting a new GT28RS but I trust their workmanship and have seen first hand their results. Kinda amped, not gonna lie.

another question....and I love sounding like a total nub...

I've never taken off the front end...I know I'll have no problems doing it, my concern is the headlight tabs. Whats the best way to pull the front end out of those without breaking them?

^^just straight out, slide them out and just check as you do it to make sure you are not pulling on it.. if it's a little stuck just lift the bumper up a little as you slide it out, comes out really easily... mazda really dropped the ball with the mounting of the front bumpers I think, those tabs bearly hold it but are easy to brake if your not careful and the sides end up sagging eventually almost no matter what.. but ya just check as you pull it out..

to today I ordered the Mitshu.. full radiator and gonna give my brother the stock one I have now.. and I also settled on this as my new head unit, wanted to stay Kenwood, and this is the only one that I found that I really liked as far as looks and ability to tune EQ and options and all that junk.. should be good
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_113KDCX995/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X995.html?tp=5684&nvpair=FFBrand|Kenwood&nvpair=AG_Type|ffCD_Receiver

Last edited:
^^just straight out, slide them out and just check as you do it to make sure you are not pulling on it.. if it's a little stuck just lift the bumper up a little as you slide it out, comes out really easily... mazda really dropped the ball with the mounting of the front bumpers I think, those tabs bearly hold it but are easy to brake if your not careful and the sides end up sagging eventually almost no matter what.. but ya just check as you pull it out..

Ok cool, thats what it sounded like in the repair manual (to just pull it straight out) but just wanted to make sure I was thinking correctly.

Back