brakes

djdanny5000

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Retired: 2002 Protege 5
hey im just wondering if anyone else has this problem here it goes:
ok my brake pedal is very soft and you have to push it in quite a bit before it starts to brake hard and once you push it down its gets harder to push it in to the point where i have to push my back into the seat to get the pedal fully pressed but when you first press it its really soft and barley applies the brakes so anyone else have this problem or are there any adjustements for the pedal or something [please help me (shocked)

Stainless steel brake lines, good brake pads, and bleeding out all the old, crappy fluid should help pretty substantially. =)

how often should you flush out the old fluid i just recently changed the brake pads and i have 67k miles

Once a year is usually fine. I typically suggest people do it when they change any brake component, though, just to be sure.

flat_black said:
Once a year is usually fine. I typically suggest people do it when they change any brake component, though, just to be sure.
wow looks like im way over due looks like once i get some money im gonna have to buy some brake fluid and flush out the system

There are two I would suggest above all else.

ATE Super Blue DOT 4+
Motul RBF 600

Those are both hygroscopic fluid, as opposed to DOT 5 fluid, which I would NOT suggest, simply due to the possibility of contamination on an automobile's brake system.

If neither of those, Valvoline SuperSyn brake fluid is readily available, and works okay, too.

djdanny5000 said:
wow looks like im way over due looks like once i get some money im gonna have to buy some brake fluid and flush out the system

Brake fluid is so cheap. You couldn't spend more than $10 to flush your system. Probably more like $5.

Eric

ok i picked up some Valvoline SuperSyn brake fluid ... i figure it's good enough for a daily driver.

Latest posts

Back