My car is down..again

Problem worse than I thought:

The problem is worse than I thought. Can anyone find the problem in these pictures? I am screwed. (sad2):

Attachments

• DSCF1977.JPG
    DSCF1977.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF1978.JPG
    DSCF1978.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
LinuxRacr said:
Yep. Anyone know if I can get that re-welded?
i really wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to get it re-welded...it shouldn't be that big of a deal..except getting things out of the way in order to do it. or even taking the block out...that's a PITA.

yeah it looks like you could re-weld it But how deep is the crack. Re-welding it only patches it on the outside surfice of the block. If the crack is all the way through the block wouldnt that cause you to burn coolant or possibly low compression?

I swear Pat it's cars like yours that keep me paranoid about mine!

oh sh*t.

... *stays naturally aspirated for a bit longer :p*

good luck getting everything back in working order.

Thanks. It's gonna take more than luck. Money is the problem, and this is my only car. Everyone is freaking out thinking it has something to do with boost. Remember folks, that a few of months ago my drive belt that drives the water pump came off, causing it to overheat? I think that is probably where this came from, but decided to show up now.

Yeah, I don't think it came from boost, but from losing coolant flow for even that little bit.

hahahaha *cough cough* i used it on my roor, its holding up pretty damn well. i'm sure its stronger than before it broke. i'll even let you use my left over tubes of it ;)

After talking to a co-worker, I'm going to give it a try. He had used it to seal a crack in a cylinder wall that went all the way through without issue. It is worth a try. He just filled the hell out of the crack using a popsicle stick to make sure it was really jammed in the hole.

Back