My car is down..again

Manifold repaired. I don't have the time or money to recoat it. The flange was also machned to be flat once again. Here are a few pics of the gastly manifold:

I only need water lines now, and I'm set.

Attachments

• DSCF1946.JPG
    DSCF1946.JPG
    368.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF1948.JPG
    DSCF1948.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF1949.JPG
    DSCF1949.JPG
    361.6 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCF1950.JPG
    DSCF1950.JPG
    357.2 KB · Views: 208
LinuxRacr said:
Manifold repaired. I don't have the time or money to recoat it. The flange was also machned to be flat once again. Here are a few pics of the gastly manifold:

I only need water lines now, and I'm set.

Damn what happened to your manifold. If you need water lines for your turbo

call Stan at Fast-turbo.com, he should have water lines and fittings in

stock(tell him Albert told you). You can get a hold of him at 1-877-98TURBO if

you need them ASAP.

Where is Fast-turbo located? The manifold was stripped of it's jet-hot coating, so that it could be re-welded. That's why it looks so tore down. It won't be on my car for long probably though. I have plans for tubular cast.

Last edited:
LinuxRacr said:
Where is Fast-turbo located? The manifold was stripped of it's jet-hot coating. That's why it looks so tore down. It won't be on my car for long probably though. I have plans for tubular cast.

Its in Haslet, just north of Saginaw on 287. Give Stan a call tommorrow.

Glad to see you're getting it up and running again. I sympathize with your problems. I had my fuel pump go out on me today, so ive gott aorder one in...

You have a thread detailing the symptoms you experienced when you fuel pump went out, so that others may learn (Cause I wanna learn)?

Assymbled again. Now I just have to re-tap the stud hole in the head that the threads got pulled out in, and put the assymbly in the car. Again, I am not going to a car show, it will just function now. So I don't want to hear about how ugly the manifold looks. I don't plan to have this manifold on too long.

Attachments

• DSCF1951.JPG
    DSCF1951.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF1953.JPG
    DSCF1953.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF1954.JPG
    DSCF1954.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF1955.JPG
    DSCF1955.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 174
THAT MANIFOLD LOOKS LIKE HELL, YOU OUTTA BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk :p Glad to hear it's nearly back up and running.

The Leaks

Here is a pic of the exhaust leaks the warped manifold caused:

Attachments

• DSCF1958.JPG
    DSCF1958.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 207
Well, I just finished putting my car back together. All I need now is a new silicone coupler for my intake pipe to my compressor housing. The GT28RS has a bigger inlet. I will start her up tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF1965.JPG
    DSCF1965.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Ok, got the car started earlier, and it was running. It felt good. Then I saw little green drops falling under the car. It appears I have a coolant leak from somewhere around the water pump. WTF? (pissed)

Last edited:
These pictures are scaring me:

See pictures below. Follow the wetness patterns that change with each picture angle. (nervous)

Attachments

• DSCF1961.JPG
    DSCF1961.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF1962.JPG
    DSCF1962.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF1963.JPG
    DSCF1963.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 183
These pictures give me hope!

Looking at these pictures, the coolant is NOT coming from the head area, but from the thermostat housing:

Attachments

• DSCF1970.JPG
    DSCF1970.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF1971.JPG
    DSCF1971.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 161
What I believe I need:

The circled gasket is what I need it looks like. While I'm at it, I can put my JDM Mazdaspeed lower temp thermostat back in. The gasket is $5.70 + tax. No dealers stock it locally. :

Attachments

• Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
My symptoms were pretty severe.
I couldn't hold a constant fuel pressure at idle.
I was bucking, spitting, and overall driveability went down the tube after the tune had been fine for months.

I know that it can be less severe, and not be able to provide enough fuel up top no matter how much you add. It would just feel like you hit a brick wall in the upper rpms when your pump can't keep up anymore.

Jeph said:
My symptoms were pretty severe.
I couldn't hold a constant fuel pressure at idle.
I was bucking, spitting, and overall driveability went down the tube after the tune had been fine for months.

I know that it can be less severe, and not be able to provide enough fuel up top no matter how much you add. It would just feel like you hit a brick wall in the upper rpms when your pump can't keep up anymore.

I saw the thread finally.

Back