Painted my calipers this weekend.

Painted the calipers on my 02 P5, turned out really good. I bought the Duplicolor package and painted it on. Did about three coats. I am pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 263
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 228
I have purchased the duplicolor red and silver kits and I was happy with how they came out. The one thing I do know is that when I took intake manifold cleaner (stronger than brake cleaner IIRC) to my calipers before doing the silver, a few seconds after I sprayed the red paint was all bubbling and I wiped the duplicolor stuff right off, exposing the darker red G2 caliper paint underneath.

I haven't had any caliper paint on long enough to really test the durability (I'm fickle) but I think I'm all set with my silver front black rear so I'll see how that holds up.

i have high gloss black duplicolor high heat engine paint on mine, and for a 5 minute quick spray with minimal prep, its holding up amazingly

I did both. caliper kit and spray (I went ahead and hit my rotors up) and I have to say the paint brush is a whole lot easier than taping off all that crap.

Looks good! Now wash your car and take a pic of the whole ride, I wanna see what it looks like since your P5 is black as well :D

I'll probably be unoriginal and go with black calipers... especially since I have some paint here.

Back