MP5 question

supratwin

this is not a "FOR SALE" add

im trying to find whats a good price to buy a used 2003 mazda protege 5 it is auto, laser blue, 56k miles and bone stock. the front bumper has a dent on the left side and a scratch on the rear fender other then that its great. my question is what is a decent amount you guys would say to purchase this, ive checked on kbb.com w/ a result of 9,420 but i'd rather get answers from people that know them best. thanks for the help

Steve

What is the selling price of the car you mentioned and is it a private sale or at a dealer? Second, how did the front and rear get damaged? You may want to run a carfax (if it is at a dealer, ask them), when I bought mine they provided it to me for n/c (of course I am sure they worked it into the price of the car).

If that would be the selling price and carfax checks out, I say go for it. Of course, always try to negotiate. My example: I bought my 2002 Classic Red, auto, bone stock in Jan of this year with 68k for $8900. Interior is clean and minor scratches on exterior but no major damage or rust and some curb rash on the rims. Asking price was 11,400 but salesman said they were running a sale so price was reduced to 10,400...that is where my negotiations started...and I went two days before the end of the month! Great time to buy from dealers!

Hope this helps!

I just bought my 2003 for 13300 but it was fully loaded with only 8800 miles and it was from a dealer...it is essentially a new car.

Back