Check engine light!

Tg5

:
03 Mazda P5
So, on Friday afternoon I was going out with the family when I notice the car skipping. I ascked the wife when did the check eng. light came on!? She said maybe that morning! (pissed) When was she going to tell me about it is the question! Called the mecanic and he said to go by the shop on Saturday morning. He plugged the computer to it and the 4th piston miss firing message came up! He checked the wires(good) then he checked the plug(bad), the electrode pin was touching the electrode (shocked). He regapped and cleanned the plug and I was on my way! :)
No problems during the weekend, this morning the wife calls me on her way to work and it is doing the same!(bang)

Sorry for the long story, but has anyone have this happend?
And if so, what was your diagnossis??
Thanks for the help!

Tg5 said:
So, on Friday afternoon I was going out with the family when I notice the car skipping. I ascked the wife when did the check eng. light came on!? She said maybe that morning! (pissed) When was she going to tell me about it is the question! Called the mecanic and he said to go by the shop on Saturday morning. He plugged the computer to it and the 4th piston miss firing message came up! He checked the wires(good) then he checked the plug(bad), the electrode pin was touching the electrode (shocked). He regapped and cleanned the plug and I was on my way! :)
No problems during the weekend, this morning the wife calls me on her way to work and it is doing the same!(bang)

Sorry for the long story, but has anyone have this happend?
And if so, what was your diagnossis??
Thanks for the help!

Anyone? (shocked)

is there a loud noise coming from the engine bay? kinda like a machine gun or a constant clank? Did you get a recall notice for the car? The protege5 has a recall for the VICS screw falling into the engine. When that happened to me, it smashed my electrode completely like you are describing.

Moeed said:
is there a loud noise coming from the engine bay? kinda like a machine gun or a constant clank? Did you get a recall notice for the car? The protege5 has a recall for the VICS screw falling into the engine. When that happened to me, it smashed my electrode completely like you are describing.

Thank you for replying! What is VICS, and what did they do to fix that or remove the screw?

they remove the intake manifold and locktite the screws basically...

just haul it in and tell them about the recall

Back