Auto locking doors

So this morning I unlocked my car doors with the key fob remote and a minute later the doors automatically locked by themselves. I opened them again, went into the garage and the same thing happened a minute later. I have an 02 P5 and my neighbor has a Protege LX sedan and it does the same thing.

Can anybody tell me if this is something Mazda installed on the Proteges, is it supposed to lock by its self. I worry about leaving my keys in the car and locking automatically.

Thanks.

Mica_02_P5 said:
So this morning I unlocked my car doors with the key fob remote and a minute later the doors automatically locked by themselves. I opened them again, went into the garage and the same thing happened a minute later. I have an 02 P5 and my neighbor has a Protege LX sedan and it does the same thing.

Can anybody tell me if this is something Mazda installed on the Proteges, is it supposed to lock by its self. I worry about leaving my keys in the car and locking automatically.

Thanks.

Yup it does that. If you press the unlock button on the remote, and then don't open a door or disturb the shock sensor within 1 minute, the doors will re-lock. So, there are no worries about locking the keys in the car as long as you don't use the remote while you are inside the car (who would).

Back