Implications of lowering a vehicle

If lowering the car makes it behave better on the road, then it might actually help you avoid the accident..

Brian MP5T said:
If lowering the car makes it behave better on the road, then it might actually help you avoid the accident..
The better handling does help and I'm living proof.

Have the Eibach Pro Kit and I love the drop.......do a little dragging here and there, but not that bad......Have to watch out when driving over things in the road that are over 4 inches......

Last edited:
...like bunnies

ran over one the other night coming home from practice. He ran out across my lane...stopped...then decided to come back. I couldn't swerve completely around him so I headed straight for him hoping he would go between my wheels. Well I heard a thump so I'm pretty sure I clipped his ears at least. I drove by there the next day and he wasn't in the middle of the road. (dunno)

99% of the time you are going to be fine. although i rear ended a LOWERED dodge dakota in the 1g, and still went under him l ol

chuyler1 said:
...like bunnies

ran over one the other night coming home from practice. He ran out across my lane...stopped...then decided to come back. I couldn't swerve completely around him so I headed straight for him hoping he would go between my wheels. Well I heard a thump so I'm pretty sure I clipped his ears at least. I drove by there the next day and he wasn't in the middle of the road. (dunno)

:'(

I don't think I've killed any animals with the Protege5 in the two years I've had it.

zverg said:
:'(

I don't think I've killed any animals with the Protege5 in the two years I've had it.
I actually got a bird about a month back. It decided to fly across the road and went right under the car, I heard a thunk, looked behind me and saw a cloud of feathers. Survival of the fittest? (shrug)

I also killed a bird while driving, but it was when I had my Ford Ranger. I was going about 50 miles an hour and it hit the radio antenna, which launched it forward and slightly up. I continued driving forward and as it fell, it hit my windshield and launched straight up, landing on the car behind me. So, it got hit 3 times in a row that I could see.

Back