Factory Alarm Problems.

ke20sprinter

:
Daily Driver Protege5
OK, I just installed the OEM alarm (got it on eBay $5.50 + shipping). This was brand new with packaging. Followed the instructions to the T and when I started it up the alarm went off...I pressed the disarm button on the key fob, but still won't shut off.

1. Does the OEM alarm have a door chime? It didn't do this before, but now it chimes when a door is open...It's not the chime when you leave your key in the ignition...It's something different.

2. Is the LED supposed to turn off when you press unlock on the key fob? Mine won't turn off...It stays solid red when disarmed, and blinks when armed.

3. I took out the horn fuse so it won't honk as I'm working on it, but I noticed the lights (amber) stay on when I have the alarm plugged in...When I take the alarm fuse out, it shuts off.

4. I can't start the car without the control module (CM), but can start it with it with the CM and the fuse off. I can also start it with the CM & fuse on, but the horn still stays on.

I suspect it's the control module & will try to buy another one on the forum...If anyone has any ideas on what's going on, let me know...Thanks,

WiL

HAHHAHA you got a dud
the OEM alarm is a piece of s***, that's why everybody in their right mind don't want that s***!

TheMAN said:
HAHHAHA you got a dud
the OEM alarm is a piece of s***, that's why everybody in their right mind don't want that s***!

That didn't help me...Unless you know a cheaper alarm than what I paid, let me know :)

Well, just installed the alarm control module I got from another member & it works! Now I have a factory alarm...Total amount spent: $5.50 for the harness/shock sensor, & $20 for the control module...Not bad for $25.50.

WiL

Back