replacing the front wheel bearing???

dcbeggs

:
3.5 Yellow MSP #1083
Hi all,

I had to replace my right front wheel bearing last summer and I paid to have it done. Now I have to replace the left front and I want to do it myself. I guess it's not so much "want to replace it on my own" but I'll go the extra step to save a couple hundred bucks.

Has anyone had any experience with do it themselves? I am able to do most work myself on my car but I have never really had any experience with replacing a front wheel drive car/wheel bearing.

Can anyone tell me what I will need? It looks like I have to rent a hub puller, and pull off the caliper, lower controll arm bolt, and unbolt the steering arm. Is all this correct?

Any help on this subject would be more than helpful.

Thanks everyone.

You'll also need a bearing compressor to recompress the new bearing. Thats where the pain in the wallet comes from

ya kinda hard to get the bearing out... had to take mine to a shop to get it pressed out cuz i didnt have the tools to take it out. well mayb it was puttin it in... lol i forgot been a while.

I definately had to take it to a shop to get the bearing pressed in/out. But all the other was not really that bad, or not as bad as I was expecting.

Back