AWR Motor Mount Initial Review

WetsuitxNinja

:
Mz3
Well after trying to figure out why my 3 was bad on shifting, I switched to redline mt-90 not too long ago, this was a band aid for about 3 weeks, after that I got the same notchy feel from the shift that I had with the stock stuff. I was reading about our motor mounts and how soft they were and the engine bucking was the cause of the shift feel. I saw AWR's motor mount and while on their site I noticed their area code was local, so I called them up and spoke to Tony, and few mins later I was on my way to their shop. I got there and talked to him for a few mins and begged him to make us a header (they were coveted by the p5 community big time, and regarded to as top notch) but unfortunately he has too many other projects going on at this time.

So I got home and installed the thing. I dont know how you guys just forced it in without taking off the L shaped bracket, maybe its my girlish frame.
So I started my car up and wow I can actually feel my car now. I personally didnt like not feeling the engine (I came from a p5 and I filled all my motor mounts so I definately felt it)

While you are able to feel the car, I dont think its annoying, and as previously mentioned after a few weeks the mount will break in and smooth out a bit. I went for the initial drive, redlined 1st, and shifted to second, little churp and no clunk sound. The shifting of gears felt good, real good.

1 being low\easy and 5 being high\hard
-Ease of install, 2 only because it was tough to break the bolts free while laying on my back, some of you brut's will have no problem with it.
-Cost for performance, 5 for sure, I HATED, HATED the shift feel I had with the stock mounts. Feels much better. I cant wait to drain my gear oil and refill with mt-90 again, hopefully it will have flushed all the stock stuff out

I think I am going to fill my stock mount with something, and see how that compares to the AWR.

Gooday mates.

thanks for the review... i can't wait to install mine (with some mt-90 as well) once it thaws out... was worried about the viberations, but seems its not goin to be to bad at all... how long did it take you to install? i took a look at the bracket at my last oil change and it didn't look super simple more of a pita...

awesome to hear. I may want to do this. got a link to their site? and how much were they?

Or if you are elsewhere in the US and want faster shipping you can go to *************.com, same price cept they are based in Texas I think.

Installation was under 30 mins, and you dont even need to remove the plastic underbody plate. I just used ramps, whatever size sockets were needed, and a breaker bar. I removed the L shaped bracket on the tranny, its only held on by 3 bolts, and the mount is held in by 2. Alittle lube would have gone a long way too, as the urethan bushing is a little bit wider than stock and doesnt have much give to it, so instead of wrestling around under your car, lube it and it should slip right in.

To put the vibration in perspective, it makes my change in my ashtray rattle a little when starting off from a stop in 1st. After about 1k rpms the only thing you notice is alittle bit of vibration from the floor.

Ill post back after I try the stock one filled with silicone or the like to compare...

faster shipping.... i think i got mine like 4 days after i placed the order... thought that was pretty fast since i live in the middle of no where.... damn you all who live where the snow don't fly...i have a pile of stuff to install on my car and its only getting bigger... the install seems pretty straight forward...nice to hear!

not even funny... though what sucks the worst is the current weather situation... cold as s*** and windy for 2-3 days, then it warms up to 45 or so and rains like a bastard, then back down to low teens and everything freezes.... been like 2 weeks now its f-in wonderful!!!1

hahaha post #420 (hippy)

Well fortunately Im lame and still live with my parents, which gives me alittle $ to spend on my car.

Its weird going to the beach and getting out of the water and not being an ice cube. Usually in Jan. I have to pull out the Uggs and warm up my feet so they dont fall off.

I dont think I could live anywhere else, cept maybe hawaii.

oh man hawaii was so sweet... went there on vaca last year... i have an oportunity to move out there possibly (some circumstances need to fall in line) in the next couple years or so... may just do it....

I hate to be the mean moderator but I think we need to keep this a little more on topic.....

I am trying to justify this being a worth while upgrade right now. I really want to do this but I also want to do some more suspension upgrades too......cant decide

(jacked) over.... new it was coming sooner or later...

why not do both tphpskab... get the mount its only 70$ and get some sway bars and you already have the springs... that should do you right for a while...

racing beat and progress are your options that i know of for sway bars, and then gt spec as the support brackets, kinda over kill if you don't have the sway bar set up yet imo.....

Last edited:
tsunami said:
(jacked) over.... new it was coming sooner or later...

why not do both tphpskab... get the mount its only 70$ and get some sway bars and you already have the springs... that should do you right for a while...

racing beat and progress are your options that i know of for sway bars, and then gt spec as the support brackets, kinda over kill if you don't have the sway bar set up yet imo.....
see, i was thinking something like that. who knows....maybe I should get the mount now, and wait for like a month and buy all the other stuff at the same time

WetsuitxNinja said:
Day two impression

-Definately get the mount.

Hey would you be interested in selling your OEM mount. Ever since i put in my new motor ive been getting some strange sounds from under there. While i had the car apart i "modified" my rear motor mount. I dont know if thats the reason its doin what it does but ide like to have an OEM one to swap out and see. PM me and lemme know. thanks (thumb)

mazda3zoom said:
Hey would you be interested in selling your OEM mount. Ever since i put in my new motor ive been getting some strange sounds from under there. While i had the car apart i "modified" my rear motor mount. I dont know if thats the reason its doin what it does but ide like to have an OEM one to swap out and see. PM me and lemme know. thanks (thumb)
if he doesnt get to you, once I have my new mount I may be willing to sell

Quick question. Will these mounts eliminate that "clunk clunk" when your wheels spin? I was just at lunch and its snowing here bad. My wheels started spinning in it and I got that clunk bad. Does the new mount get rid of that???

Latest posts

Back