Questions to Protege5 owner !!

geo

I bought my automatic Protege5 a year ago and currently has 17000km on it, right now i am experiencing several problems.

First, everytime when my car is almost in a complete full stop i hear a "click" than my car will tend to move forward and backward a little, the explaination from the dealer was this is the characteristic of mazda's gearbox and the dealer said it should happen to all automatic Protege5 !!!!!!!

Second, the blower motor in my car making excessive noise!!!!

Third, i always hear something like a plastic rattleing in the right passenger side when the car is moving. However the rattleing noise only happan when i am driving alone!!
Does any boardmates in here also having the same problems????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Have a 2003 Protege5 with 8,500 miles on it and haven't experienced either of those problems. Take it to a different dealer and see what they say. Don't recall reading anywhere on here about those being common issues.

i agree the blower motor is loud! i have the auto tranny too and i haven't exp the things you indicated with the click and movement?? i've got 31k on mine and it runs real well, great car for the $$!

hm....automatic moving forward and backward after a complete full stop ?? never heard of that before.

About the rattling noise. Do you only hear it when you go over bumps ?

I have a manual so I can't help with the first questions...

But about the rattling...

I had some rattling coming from the right passenger side too, and through inspection (having someone drive the car with me as passenger) I found out that the cover to the left of the passenger's foot (has a hole in it for the vent) wasn't on all that tight and was making noise. I tried putting a washer between the cover and the latching thing (whatever that is) and it made it a little better but still happens. I'm going to get some thin foam and stick it on there where that panel meets the center console.

Another rattle that had puzzled me for a while was just CDs I had in the armrest where the case had opened. It was really puzzling me because the sound was muffled and it seemed to be coming from much farther away.

Of course it might not be either one of these things, but the best way to find it out is to have someone else drive and you just stick your ear wherever the sound is coming from.:)

I think I have the same rattle. If you notice the passenger seat vibrates when you are at idle. Probably that is why you only notice it when alone. About the tranny, I have an auto also and no problems.

tranny and noise

Hey Man,

My auto has done a lot of things, but never what you described,,,I would raise cane about that and make them fix it, it is NOT suppose to do that. Although it might do some other weird things like not deciding when to shift or to make it quick or looonnnggg. But make em' fix it! About your noises, it could be in the door panels and you may not have heard it if your passenger was resting their arm on the armrest. Not sure, but just tap em' and see if you hear a rattling....I gotta get my right rear door looked at because something is really started to annoy me inside of it with its little rattles over bumps.

Peace,

Tay in Carolina

hey pirana, what are you doing with the area around the auto shifter? are you going to put a boot there?

Its already finished. That is a factory Mazda boot.--------------------------v

wow, that came out great! how difficult was it to install the momo unit? nice ride!!

To: cbcbd
At the beginning i thought it was the cover near the passenger's foot, but it wasn't that, the rattle noise still happen when i put a tape behind the cover !!

To: Pirana
No, the rattle noise doesn't happen when i am at idle, it only happen when the car is moving!! Particularity when i am driving on rough surface or crossing the railway track !!!

To: BK's black P5
You won't imagine i had complain about the tranny problem for how many times !!! i can't even remember !! I had wrote a letter to the Mazda Canada about the dissatisfaction and the defects found on my vehicle. Mazda Canada only replied me said if a defect occure it should happen within the warranty period !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

To: taylor5
I am not sure the noise is coming from the right passenger side door, but i tried to hear if there is anything lose when i open and close the door but i hear nothing !!! but the rattle noise started to happen when my door been hit by some asshole in the school !! i'm not sure if that is the real reason or not !!!

Except to the problems i had mentioned, i had changed two engine mounts, changed one drive shaft in my car (i believe is the right drive shaft ) after i hear a "click" noise when i step on and step off the acceleration pedal, and the dealer said it was a gap or something in the drive shaft gear making the "click" noise, alignment off for 2 times, first time was after i test drive my car on the delivery day and second time was after the dealer changed my drive shaft !!!! i can't believe how many problems i had for a brand new car and the car is made in Japan !!!!!!!!!
if i have chance to purchase a new car in the future i will surely won't pick Mazda !!!

I have the rattle too and I have only had the car for two weeks. Only happens when driving alone...I thought it was the passenger seat belt but that didn't pan out.

Back