Fogs installed - (Pic)

Rickman

Contributor
:
91 NA + 09 Mazda5
I finally got my fogs installed. I went with a smaller size so that it would fit in the hole, and I used the G3 fog brackets. They work really well, and I got them aimed correctly the first time, It's wonderfull to have my fogs back (I had a P5).
mspfogs.jpg

(this is the very first image taken with my new Nikon CoolPix 5900)

They do have a blue tint to them. I used Cyberwhite Navigator fogs, they are really sturdy, and some with the harness all prewired, although I had to extend the wires a little.

I need to look into the wiring a little more, because I have to make sure I turn them off with the switch (I used a factory switch) when I cut the car off. I didn't have to do this on my P5... they shut off automatically with the car so I just always left them on.

a guy on the forums used to make them.....i think it was custom_msp. not sure of the username but it was something like that. he stopped making them though. best bet is to keep checking the fs forum and hope for some luck.

he still makes them, but only after gathering enough interest to do a batch run.

03msp.com makes them.. thats where I got my set from. keep an eye open as its a side thing he does once in a while..

03msp.com. Is he still around? I can't see him on the member's list. How do I buy a pair of G3 brackets now? I'd like to acquire a pair.
I was going to buy a pair of fog lamps & the installer said he'd have to remove all the original moulding behind the dam in order to mount the lights onto the 2 side grille-holes. So not sure if I want to do that....

I need to look into the wiring a little more
looks great! try running your "switched 12v" wire for the fogs to the fuse for your radio, that way it will get power when the car turns on or is on acc, but once you cut the car off the power is gone,
this way your fogs should just shut off, i'm guessing you have that wire spliced into your taillight's or something else that only relies on the battery which would explain why they stay on

I Also want to hook up some fog lights. Please post any info to the type of brackets that work the best, and where we can get them. I'll continue to search as well.

more pix rainman. I have a pair of brackets that I haven't installed yet.

LASERBLUE135 said:
they look good! Here's mine...I just did 'em.

foglampslzb.JPG
]
i Just bought these lights, but i still didn't pick them up, i'm debating getting my money back, i have a P5 and i'm worried there gunna look too small. what do you think .????

Man, what an old thread. I traded this car in for my Miata way back in October.

Thanks anyhow. I still see it around town once in a while.

Back