Need some guidance on wheel and tire size (2018 CX-5)

Greetings

I own a 2018 Mazda CX-5. The stock wheels are a 17” and my tires are 225/65R17 (currently my winter tires). I am interested in getting another set of wheels, so I don’t need to keep swapping my summer and winter tires on the same set of wheels wheels (my summer tires are needing to be replaced soon BTW). When I review www.wheel-size.com, my stock rims are the following:
  • Center bore - 67.1 mm
  • Bolt Pattern - 5x114.3
  • Offset Range - 43 – 47
For the wheel width, OEM appears to be 7”, however there appears to be a 7.5” option for a OEM 19”

I am considering moving up a wheel size, going up to an 18”. The one issue I am finding is that most aftermarket wheels are not available in a 7 or 7.5 inch. Most are 8 or 8.5 (especially the flow formed rims). I am interested if I can get away with an 8” wheel. This is the one I am specifically interested in - Fast Wheels Impression Gloss Black - F265U-1880-65BN+45F671 (canadawheels.ca)

I am hoping someone can confirm if the wheel I have linked to would work on my CX-5. Can I go with a 8" width wheel on my CX-5? If I can, what would be the ideal size tire that would have the same diameter as my 225/65R17 so that my speedometer isn’t out of whack.

After looking at tire prices, it appears that 19" tires are actually cheaper that 18". Possibly 19" is a more common size tire. If this is the case, could I still get a 19" rim that is 8" wide on a 2018-CX5?

If you plan to use 19" for winter....
Tire chains/cables might scratch the 19" wheels.
Double-check that before you decide to.

After looking at tire prices, it appears that 19" tires are actually cheaper that 18". Possibly 19" is a more common size tire. If this is the case, could I still get a 19" rim that is 8" wide on a 2018-CX5?
Definitely. And at 8" I would stick with 225/55/19.

Back