Hesitation at high RPM after refilling the gas tank?

Hello,
I have a
? To any Mazda technicians,
I just did a 4 1/2 road trip, total of 480 km round trip, avg 122km/hr and my 2016.5 CX5 GT has been flawless.

I stopped halfway at a Shell gas station (Name Brand) to fill up with gas Premium like always, and now my CX5 is hesitating at high rpms.

So first thing that came to mind is I got bad gas, so I stopped at a parts store to get a bottle of water remover & refilled the tank.
And I hope that’s all it is.

What’s your thoughts?

Thank you for your input,

"water remover" is alcohol.

When B follows A, it is likely A caused B. What maintenance have you done, and what maintenance have you missed? Did you look at the owner's manual? There's a chart.

"water remover" is alcohol.

When B follows A, it is likely A caused B. What maintenance have you done, and what maintenance have you missed? Did you look at the owner's manual? There's a chart.
Last summer I did the spark plugs, tomorrow morning I’m going to inspect and most likely replace the air filter and inspect the spark plugs.
The vehicle was absolutely excellent before that fill up, I had passed several vehicles and pushing the rpm high without any hesitations at all. That’s why I think it’s the gas.

If you're suspecting the gas, you might want to wait until you fill up again before doing all kinds of troubleshooting, could be wasting your time.

I have the same CX and it's also been flawless to this point. Never used premium though.

I got bad gas once in my car before CX-5 (escape). Total hesitation and loss of power. I know it was bad gas because my wife filled up at same place. We were moving long distance and both of us were "WTF" for the ride. It took a few fillups after that for everything to be fine again. Both cars were fine again but I'm still pissed about that bad gas. God knows what that was, probably water.

I drive seldom. I do NOT want alcohol pulling moisture into my gas tank. And premium probably has a better add-pack.

If it makes you feel better then go on.

Nothing wrong with using Premium when not required (other than costs) but don't think for one second that Premium does a better job at managing water than the lower octanes.

Are you using non alcohol Premium? You sure?

I don't know where some of you live, but I live in a free as in freedom flyover state. Our premium does not have alky in it.

I have no idea what a 'freedom flyover state' is, neither does my web search engine it seems, but what does that have to do with the use of alcohol in premium?

Most agricultural (CORN) states mandate the use in our gas. Non-alcohol gas can still be had but normally it cost more and is harder to find.

Back