Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on Red CX-5

It's like this is made for Mazda Red. This is the 3rd application. So easy to wash inbetween. Water just wants off my car.

1000004597.jpg

This is the 3rd application. So easy to wash inbetween. Water just wants off my car

Is this the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax #G200416 product?

How long between the applications? 3x in a month, 6mos, a year, ...?

Myself, I've been using the BlackFire polymer paint sealant product, applied with a RO/DA polisher then buffed. For a good month following application, all water beads off (during rain, morning dew, etc), slowly losing much of that ability over several months. Lasts about 3-4mos before it could use another coat to keep that slick lubricity.

Wait, that is a good question. This might not be the product that I thought it was. I am using Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating. This stuff lasts between 1 to 2 years which is why I asked how long it's been lasting for him. I don't know that it's even been out long enough for someone to have done three coatings by now!

Instead this may just be the spray coating like Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions and others.

This stuff. I dont do it by directions but I use a wet towel, spray on towel, wipe on, wipe off. Its worked better than anything I've ever used on a car. I rainx all my windows too except the patch in front of the wiper sensor. Highway rides are fun when it rains the water shoots off my hood to the window and shoots right off that too. Dont need wipers most of the time at faster speeds the waters just gone.
1713143649992.png

Last edited:
I was using that on my cars but switched to the Turtle Wax version. The Turtle Wax is less prone to streaking in my experience. Both are good products.

I was using that on my cars but switched to the Turtle Wax version. The Turtle Wax is less prone to streaking in my experience. Both are good products.
I have heard people complain of streaking but I havent had the issue with this stuff.

Is this the Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax #G200416 product?

How long between the applications? 3x in a month, 6mos, a year, ...?

Myself, I've been using the BlackFire polymer paint sealant product, applied with a RO/DA polisher then buffed. For a good month following application, all water beads off (during rain, morning dew, etc), slowly losing much of that ability over several months. Lasts about 3-4mos before it could use another coat to keep that slick lubricity.
Way to much hassle for me. I live in a condo.

Way to much hassle for me. I live in a condo.

That Menzerna final finishing product doesn't require a polishing machine. (I use one.) It's very easy to apply, and it leaves an extremely good-looking finish. It does have a small amount of polishing ability in it, so it'll handle very mild remaining swirls and scratches more-aggressive polishing might have left behind. Being in a condo wouldn't make this product's application any more difficult than that spray-bottle Mequiar's Hybrid Ceramic product would be.

Back