Problem with brakes (2017 CX-9)

Hey team
I am a bit new here .. am facing issue with my car driven 150K plus and the issues is whenever car speed more than ~50km and I press the brakes .. during the process it jerks and shakes the cabin and you feel small things in cabin shakes and then stops..even at the end of stop it is not smooth at all

Brake discs don't warp. Brake discs do build up uneven deposits of the friction material from the pads. The grab-slip-grab-slip action is brake judder. This is corrected by cleaning the uneven material off the discs by sandpapering them, or resurfacing them, or a complete brake job with new pads & rotors.

In any case, santosh's car needs a complete brake examination. The problem might be the defectively designed rear calipers that cause accelerated wear of the rear inner pads. This TSB explains it: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10183590-0001.pdf

Upvote 0
Brake discs don't warp. Brake discs do build up uneven deposits of the friction material from the pads. The grab-slip-grab-slip action is brake judder. This is corrected by cleaning the uneven material off the discs by sandpapering them, or resurfacing them, or a complete brake job with new pads & rotors.

In any case, santosh's car needs a complete brake examination. The problem might be the defectively designed rear calipers that cause accelerated wear of the rear inner pads. This TSB explains it: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10183590-0001.pdf

This.

If I may add, The cost of turning the rotors (unless you do this yourself) to spec is often not too far from just replacing them so if the shudder is in fact because of the "high spots" it's highly recommended you explore the prospect of replacement instead.

Upvote 0
And, there are a lot of good new brake rotors available for much lower cost than Mazda rotors. If one wants to DIY, try removing the rotors, sandpapering the surface, wash with brake-clean solvent, and put on with new pads. Break in according to the pad instructions or general good practice.

Upvote 0
Back