Coolant Leak Lawsuit Investigation for the CX-5, CX-9 and Mazda6

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Which Vehicles Are Under Investigation?

2019-2020 Mazda CX-5, 2016-2020 Mazda CX-9 and 2018-2020 Mazda6.

What’s Going On?

Attorneys working with ClassAction.org are investigating whether these Mazda vehicles suffer from an engine coolant defect and, if so, whether a class action lawsuit could be filed.

How Could a Class Action Lawsuit Help?

A class action lawsuit against Mazda could force the automaker to pay for prior and future repairs related to the leaking coolant problem.

What You Can Do.

If you own or lease one of the vehicles under investigation and experienced a coolant leak, help the investigation by filling out the form on this page and sharing your story. Attorneys need to hear from as many drivers as possible as they look into the viability of a class action lawsuit against Mazda.

class action means atty's will make millions and owners who are affected will get a key chain.....

Reactions: TDW
with Mazda Logo :)
plus owners personal information will leak all over internet (if its not already) as a freebie.

One thing it may do is extend the powertrain warranty.
It will probably take a few years to settle though.

They should be looking at the cracked cylinder heads of the NA CX5s causing hot oil to shoot all over the engine!
Unfortunately, Mazda has not admitted anything relative to the NA heads being defective, as they did in the turbo TSB. So, IMO a NA cracked head class action suit would be at least twice as difficult to win than this (or any other) turbo suit will be.

Unfortunately, Mazda has not admitted anything relative to the NA heads being defective, as they did in the turbo TSB. So, IMO a NA cracked head class action suit would be at least twice as difficult to win than this (or any other) turbo suit will be.
I don't know about that. The fact that the problem does exist as documented over at the NHTSA and it seems Mazda is ignoring the issue, may make the case stronger by showing the negligence of Mazda for not properly addressing the issue for owners. Sooner or later the hot oil going all over a hot engine will cause an engine fire.

I don't know about that. The fact that the problem does exist as documented over at the NHTSA and it seems Mazda is ignoring the issue, may make the case stronger by showing the negligence of Mazda for not properly addressing the issue for owners. Sooner or later the hot oil going all over a hot engine will cause an engine fire.
Yes, there have been around 60 NA cracked head complaints filed on NHTSA, however I have no idea how much weight that would carry in a class action suit. But I do agree that an engine fire caused by a cracked head would most likely change everything, because the NHTSA would then bring out the BFH and start pounding on Mazda the same way they did with Hyundai/Kia. That said, I AM NOT wishing for anyone to have a vehicle fire with the possibility of serious injury or death.

I think we've already gone too far astray of the topic of this thread, so this will be my last post on what we've been discussing here.

2018 Mazda 6 turbo here. Started with a slight coolant leak, I noticed in driveway. Took car to mechanic, who said the cylinder head was cracked, & sprayed coolant everywhere. Got towed to Mazda dealer, repair estimate is over $11,000,for a new engine. My car has about 56,000 miles. Warranty apparently expired in January. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with a brand new car.

2018 Mazda 6 turbo here. Started with a slight coolant leak, I noticed in driveway. Took car to mechanic, who said the cylinder head was cracked, & sprayed coolant everywhere. Got towed to Mazda dealer, repair estimate is over $11,000,for a new engine. My car has about 56,000 miles. Warranty apparently expired in January. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with a brand new car.
Did the dealer per se try to contact MazdaUSA for cost sharing?

No, the owner of the dealership said he wasn’t familiar with this issue, & couldn’t issue a goodwill repair.
You should just call Mazda Corp directly and file a complained with them and ask them for help with paying for the repair. Sometimes they will split the cost of the repair with you.

Back