Coolant Leak Defect?

When seeking help on an automotive forum it helps to let the folks know (us), who you are seeking help from, what model vehicle you're talking about.

Diesel?

Are we talking about cylinder deactivation and turbo engines here? Information on the link is vague. I see the OP just joined today, 4 posts about the same topic across the board. You wouldn't be working for this law firm?

Last edited:
Even if this is sollicitation, a lot of members have been asking for a class action lawsuit.

Yes a lot of members here experienced this issue. Their story and experience are already recorded in this section of the forum. A quick search would provide all that info.

Are we talking about cylinder deactivation and turbo engines here? Information on the link is vague. I see the OP just joined today, 4 posts about the same topic across the board. You wouldn't be working for this law firm?
The information on the link is not vague. It says the law firm is investigating a class action lawsuit on behalf of owners and lessees of Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 vehicles that are prone to engine coolant leaks. And the engines in these vehicles may be prone to coolant leaks around the cylinder head and exhaust manifold joint due to excessive forces. Both indicate it’s for the 2.5T turbo engine on cracked cylinder head issue.

The information on the link is not vague. It says the law firm is investigating a class action lawsuit on behalf of owners and lessees of Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 vehicles that are prone to engine coolant leaks. And the engines in these vehicles may be prone to coolant leaks around the cylinder head and exhaust manifold joint due to excessive forces. Both indicate it’s for the 2.5T turbo engine on cracked cylinder head issue.
Had to reread it

Even if this is sollicitation, a lot of members have been asking for a class action lawsuit.

Yes a lot of members here experienced this issue. Their story and experience are already recorded in this section of the forum. A quick search would provide all that info.
Just making an observation

It does seem like some people are genuinely interested in this information while others see it as merely solicitation.

I wonder if this account is going to engage with the community here or is this a one and done situation.

We will continue to monitor…

Whatever you may think, let's remember to always keep it civil here as per Site Rules...Thread cleaned.

I have nothing against solicitation for this kind of problem, and if I were one of the people who had this problem I would welcome the chance for a class action suit. I just wish people would be more forthcoming, like saying "I represent this firm for a class action lawsuit" directly. Just an opinion. OP made 3 posts and that's it, looks like they just dropped in for an announcement.

Last edited:
I have nothing against solicitation for this kind of problem, and if I were one of the people who had this problem I would welcome the chance for a class action suit. I just wish people would be more forthcoming, like saying "I represent this firm for a class action lawsuit" directly. Just an opinion. OP made 3 posts and that's it, looks like they just dropped in for an announcement.
Someone, csb_1237, has signed up in CX-9 forum.

All, there is a class action investigation into this issue: https://www.sauderschelkopf.com/inve...investigation/
I have signed up. Wonder what will come of it, if anything...

Back