2013 Mazda5 Sport…Port or direct injection?

:
mazda
2013 Sport
I am wondering if this car use port or direct injection?

Having used it entirely on freeway, lately my partner drives it - more like 12miles x 5 days/week - then I try to take it once a month on a freeway.

I only use Mobil 1 - how often I should change the oil - I buy parts and take it to shop to get it done?

Needs more information, than just 2013 sport.

But without knowing market area, engine size and fuel type, I would say that easiest way to figure it out, is to look engine cover.
If it says Skyactive or DISI, then it's direct injection. If not, then most likely it's port injection.

2013 Sport
I am wondering if this car use port or direct injection?
Port.

I only use Mobil 1 - how often I should change the oil - I buy parts and take it to shop to get it done?
The only way to get real info on your particular use case is via oil analysis – not to track wear (it's massively overrated for that purpose) but to see how long the oil's condition takes to deteriorate.

If you don't want to go through that effort, just stick to the factory "Service 2" schedule of every 5k miles IMO.

Port.

The only way to get real info on your particular use case is via oil analysis – not to track wear (it's massively overrated for that purpose) but to see how long the oil's condition takes to deteriorate.

If you don't want to go through that effort, just stick to the factory "Service 2" schedule of every 5k miles IMO.
Here is the oil analysis - what do u guys make out of it:

Attachments

• OilResults.JPG
    OilResults.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 32
Here is the oil analysis - what do u guys make out of it:
Who performed the analysis? Did they provide any comments on the results?

Based solely on the number, I see higher than average iron and magnesium values, which could indicate some wear on the bearings and crank.

FYI, all USDM Mazda5 engines are port injection. All USDM Mazda5 models use the same engine platform, with the early cars using a 2.3 liter version, and the 2012+ models bumping up to a 2.5 liter version.

Who performed the analysis? Did they provide any comments on the results?

Based solely on the number, I see higher than average iron and magnesium values, which could indicate some wear on the bearings and crank.
That's a Blackstone analysis package (unless someone else is plagiarizing their package and format!).

Yeah, iron looks higher than normal to me as well, but it's not so high that we can tell what it means without context. If it were like 2x that value or more, then yeah, I'd start to suspect something.

Magnesium is an additive. More common these days because apparently Mg-based detergent/dispersant additives are better than Ca-based ones at controlling low-speed preignition. LSPI isn't really an issue for our engines, but it is for the legions of high-strung DI turbo engines out there, so most widely available engine oils are formulated to address it to some extent. Either way, this amount of Mg is pretty common in modern mass-market engine oils, and the margin of error on the number is wide enough that I'd imagine it'd be tough to discern wear from it.

What parts in this engine have magnesium?

FYI, all USDM Mazda5 engines are port injection. All USDM Mazda5 models use the same engine platform, with the early cars using a 2.3 liter version, and the 2012+ models bumping up to a 2.5 liter version.
(y)(y)

Last edited:
That's a Blackstone analysis package (unless someone else is plagiarizing their package and format!).

Yeah, iron looks higher than normal to me as well, but it's not so high that we can tell what it means without context. If it were like 2x that value or more, then yeah, I'd start to suspect something.

Magnesium is an additive. More common these days because apparently Mg-based detergent/dispersant additives are better than Ca-based ones at controlling low-speed preignition. LSPI isn't really an issue for our engines, but it is for the legions of high-strung DI turbo engines out there, so most widely available engine oils are formulated to address it to some extent.

(y)(y)
I was thinking it looked like Blackstone, but didn't want to put my assumption out there. Blackstone will provide comments to the sample and results, too. But, since the comments were cut off, figured I would ask.

Back