What happened to CorkSport Protege Parts?

I have been going through the forums for over 2 years now to find info on performance for our cars. Corksport seemed to have been the go-to for performance parts and information. I’ve looked at the site and it has very few parts for the protege now. What happened?

I have been going through the forums for over 2 years now to find info on performance for our cars. Corksport seemed to have been the go-to for performance parts and information. I’ve looked at the site and it has very few parts for the protege now. What happened?
Does CorkSport seem to have comparitively more parts for other newer cars?

I don't have a definitive answer but if I had to guess, I'd say it's the fact that the Protege is an old and not a commonly modified platform anymore. Just a guess though.

The Protege benefited from being part of the compact car scene back in the day, and some aftermarket companies obliged the population with a few performance parts for the platform. Then, when the Mazda3 came out, the Protege was pushed aside and aftermarket support started to dry up.

The Protege benefited from being part of the compact car scene back in the day, and some aftermarket companies obliged the population with a few performance parts for the platform. Then, when the Mazda3 came out, the Protege was pushed aside and aftermarket support started to dry up.
from what I've read some of the gen 1 maz3 suspension components might fit the p5. also i think this car might make a comeback as it will soon be one of the few cheap japanese compacts that handle well

from what I've read some of the gen 1 maz3 suspension components might fit the p5. also i think this car might make a comeback as it will soon be one of the few cheap japanese compacts that handle well
Unfortunately, the Mazda3 platform is completely different from the Protege/Protege5 - nothing is interchangeable. You might have read about the Mazda5, which is a completely different animal from the Protege5.

Yeah, CS has moved on and sold off all the Protege parts. Just watch the facebook groups and market place, they come up all the time from guys that didn't even install them.

Latest posts

Back