How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

What about radar CC? Is that offered.

Here's the 2015 changes Jonno21

electronic parking brake
additional cup holder between driver and passenger (2 in total)
coming home / leaving lights
7" colour touch screen wth MZD connect infotainment
multimedia commander including seperate volume dial
dab radio
usb connectivity (2 inputs)
manual passenger seat height adjustment

Sports nav only -
19" gunmetal alloys
led headlights inc led daytime running lights
led front fogs
integrated nav with 3yrs free euro map updates
options -
stone leather
safety pack with adaptive led headlights, lane keep assist with driver alert, advanced blind spot montioring with rear cross traffic alert and REAR SCBS

One new colour added - Sonic Silver Metallic

It wasn't there last time I looked either.
Thanks for the link I can answer my own question now.

"SE-L Lux and Sport Nav grade options now include Stone Leather upholstery (in lieu of black), whilst the Sport Nav options list further benefits from Mazda Radar Cruise Control, and an evolution of the Safety Pack which incorporates several newly-developed technologies. "

I would have liked radar cc but it doesn't seem to appear as an option yet on the dealer configuration. Shame I would have paid for that

Hi - I'm new the the forum. We've just ordered a cx-5, sport nav in artic white. It's through a lease company. I've just been reading about changes made to new cx-5s. How would I know if ours will be the new one or the old one? And is the uk new one the one with the new front grille?

We were happy with the 'old' version - it's only since I ordered it that I've seen talk of the new one. A brochure we received this week has the 'old' grille.

We've been debating this car for months (only just deciding on the colour!). Can't wait to get it. Hoping for an update on lead times tomorrow.

Does anyone ordering recently have an idea on lead times?

And at 2" bigger that works out at 350 per inch as it is 700 more expensive than the 2014 model

They are available, infact my 2015 model shuold be arriving on Thursday/Friday. The pricing and model specifications are there if you dig for them in the news section of the Mazda UK website.

The models available now are part of a large block order, and it's first come first serve. I'm trading from diesel to petrol as my annual mileage has dropped by two thirds (year 3 and i've only done 15000 miles vs 30000 expected), but moving up from the SE-L to Sport.

Having driven the new Kuga, as my office pool car, the performance is there but the ride is awful - i got motion sickess as the driver and rear seat passenger. The suspension is just so floaty; cabin roll is a real problem. Plus Ford still havent worked out that we are no in 2015 and are making littering their dashboards with more buttons than a scientific calculator.

I'm new to this forum - I have sport nav 2.2D 2wd on order. It would be great to hear your first impressions when you get your car (and pics, maybe)

Saturday... Nice weekend then !
When did you order A?
I got the impression the spec / colour I ordered is in the block order - stone leather would have added delay apparently - but still don't have a del date
New person Skippa - might be the best car you ever had !

Jamie i certainly hope so. I ordered a Sport Nav petrol in Meteor grey. Magna did emphasise that it was first come first serve, and that the options were limited in the 1st order - or rather they were by the time we got serious about ordering a new one. Although the change to petrol probably had a lot to do with that.

In terms of colour choice i was happy the grey, the silver or black but the Mrs wanted Soul red. The only available petrol with the Stone leather was in meteor grey.

Signed for it on Saturday last week, and it arrived at Magna on a car transporter on Monday. Being sorted now as i've added on the auto folding mirrors.

I'm moving on from a white SE-L Nav diesel, so the trade up is good in terms of kit.

The sales rep did say that moving from a 2012 SE-L to a 2015 SE-L was a bit of a poor deal as it's pretty much the same car say for the minor cosmetic changes. Also picked up the 3 year fixed price servicing for 299. I was on the 3 year monthly service plan (19.98 per month for the diesel) - so it's quite a saving.

Truth be told i was actually holding out for a new CX-3.

Saturday... Nice weekend then !
When did you order A?
I got the impression the spec / colour I ordered is in the block order - stone leather would have added delay apparently - but still don't have a del date
New person Skippa - might be the best car you ever had !

Certainly hope so Jamie, I'm really looking forward to it. I've ordered pearlescent white and I have the 299 3 year servicing plan. I've been told I should have it by the end of the month. Electronic handbrake - I suppose it there will be those for and against it - I had a 2006 Scenic with electronic brake and really liked it and missed it when I bought C3 Picasso so here's hoping it works just as well as the Scenic (or better!).

A - enjoy the weekend, we're looking forward to your comments.

Certainly hope so Jamie, I'm really looking forward to it. I've ordered pearlescent white and I have the 299 3 year servicing plan. I've been told I should have it by the end of the month. Electronic handbrake - I suppose it there will be those for and against it - I had a 2006 Scenic with electronic brake and really liked it and missed it when I bought C3 Picasso so here's hoping it works just as well as the Scenic (or better!).

A - enjoy the weekend, we're looking forward to your comments.

Just found mine (crystal white too) will be arriving w/c 23/3 and I will get the 299 service plan too. I love my cx5 now and really looking forward to the next one !

So picked up the car today and all in all i'm very pleased. No pics yet as i've spent the day away playing with the car.

First the good:

The improved interior trim is very noticable, welcome and upmarket. The new MZD connect is a night and day upgrade over the old NB-1; it's clean modern, quick and functional. TomTom should stick to their own units, the Panasonic/Sanyo hardware was just too underpowered/antiquated/broken.

While i've upgraded from an SE-L to the Sport, which colours my opinion the interior changes are great. The steering wheel appears softer to grip and everything feels better put together - although i had a 62 plate SE-L so it was 1st year production which = mystery rattles and bangs.

Mazda have moved the USB ports out of the centre arm rest to the bottom of the dashboard; which i find odd as you'd likely use them for plugging your phone into for charging/music. This move sacrafices 1 of the 2 cabin 12V power sockets. There is still one located in the centre arm rest.

The clutch feels lighter, but i've switched from diesel to petrol so that might have an impact. Road noise is about the same around town, i'll do motorway mileage tomorrow to judge wind noise.

The other noteworth change, while minor, is a big improvement; they've moved the boot light from left side of the boot to the tail gate. Great news if you're unloading in the dark with a full boot - it means you can now see what your doing! The light bulb is still a small halogen, but an LED upgrade should be easy.

The LED head lights are MUCH better than the SE-L halogens. If there was one reason to change the car it was the headlights, the reflectors on the SE-L are in my opinion poorly designed and send the light out too wide and too close to the car.

The curious:

The car comes with the 2014 owners manual. Which means no explaination about:

The electronic brake
The new lights
The location/functions of the new centre console layout
The passenger side power seat
The new location for the boot light

I'm calling Mazda UK about this on Monday as it can't be right, while the changes are largely cosmetic the hand brake changes must warrant an explaination. With solicitors only a phone call away Mazda are opening themselves up for people to take them to the cleaners by saying there was no documentation on how it worked.

The coming home light function doesn't want work. It's night, the function is enabled in the settings, but when i leave the car/unlock it the headlights don't come on. Something else to ask Mazda about on Monday (i would check the manual but...)

I also can't get MZD to connect to my phone when it's the phone is in hotspot mode to enable the 60 day live services trial. I'm not too fussed about this as i'm changing phones soon, but for reference i'm using an HTC One M7 running Lollipop.

The bad:

While i said the finish is much better there are still a few rough edges on the interior which really let the car down - specifically the end of the leather on the door armrests being visible. Hard to explain but the photos might clarify when i put them up.

Finally when you pick your car up, assuming you paid for Nav, check that the Nav is working before you leave the dealership. The car without the Nav still has GPS, but the Nav is enabled by the SD card/software on the SD card. No SD card = no Nav. I found this out when i was 1 mile down the road from the dealer. I turned around and after a very apologetic salesman produced the SD card all was sorted.

These come seperate to the car, and the dealer have stocks of them seperately.

I also got the autofolding door mirror kit, which was 99 including installation (30 mins according to the dealer). It should be included as standard, along with the new LED interior lightbulb kit which i was contemplating. But the standard lights on the Stone leather make the cabin much ligher than the old SE-L cloth.

All in all a good day. I'll post pictures tomorrow, and hopefully an update on Monday once i've spoken to Mazda.

Thanks for the detailed report, unfortunately from what I've read you are not selling it to me.

The boot light position is a set forward, but it still sounds like me old xtrail was far better. Removing a front power socket is a negative to me I use them both, and also prefer the usb in the glove box.

Its the little touches that make all the difference.

Its also a shame you didn't have the sport previously as I fancy the led lights on my next car, but only if there is a marked improvement, I find the low beam cut off too low on my present car, although the garage have said there ok.

Last edited:
So picked up the car today and all in all i'm very pleased. No pics yet as i've spent the day away playing with the car.

First the good:

The improved interior trim is very noticable, welcome and upmarket. The new MZD connect is a night and day upgrade over the old NB-1; it's clean modern, quick and functional. TomTom should stick to their own units, the Panasonic/Sanyo hardware was just too underpowered/antiquated/broken.

While i've upgraded from an SE-L to the Sport, which colours my opinion the interior changes are great. The steering wheel appears softer to grip and everything feels better put together - although i had a 62 plate SE-L so it was 1st year production which = mystery rattles and bangs.

Mazda have moved the USB ports out of the centre arm rest to the bottom of the dashboard; which i find odd as you'd likely use them for plugging your phone into for charging/music. This move sacrafices 1 of the 2 cabin 12V power sockets. There is still one located in the centre arm rest.

The clutch feels lighter, but i've switched from diesel to petrol so that might have an impact. Road noise is about the same around town, i'll do motorway mileage tomorrow to judge wind noise.

The other noteworth change, while minor, is a big improvement; they've moved the boot light from left side of the boot to the tail gate. Great news if you're unloading in the dark with a full boot - it means you can now see what your doing! The light bulb is still a small halogen, but an LED upgrade should be easy.

The LED head lights are MUCH better than the SE-L halogens. If there was one reason to change the car it was the headlights, the reflectors on the SE-L are in my opinion poorly designed and send the light out too wide and too close to the car.

The curious:

The car comes with the 2014 owners manual. Which means no explaination about:

The electronic brake
The new lights
The location/functions of the new centre console layout
The passenger side power seat
The new location for the boot light

I'm calling Mazda UK about this on Monday as it can't be right, while the changes are largely cosmetic the hand brake changes must warrant an explaination. With solicitors only a phone call away Mazda are opening themselves up for people to take them to the cleaners by saying there was no documentation on how it worked.

The coming home light function doesn't want work. It's night, the function is enabled in the settings, but when i leave the car/unlock it the headlights don't come on. Something else to ask Mazda about on Monday (i would check the manual but...)

I also can't get MZD to connect to my phone when it's the phone is in hotspot mode to enable the 60 day live services trial. I'm not too fussed about this as i'm changing phones soon, but for reference i'm using an HTC One M7 running Lollipop.

The bad:

While i said the finish is much better there are still a few rough edges on the interior which really let the car down - specifically the end of the leather on the door armrests being visible. Hard to explain but the photos might clarify when i put them up.

Finally when you pick your car up, assuming you paid for Nav, check that the Nav is working before you leave the dealership. The car without the Nav still has GPS, but the Nav is enabled by the SD card/software on the SD card. No SD card = no Nav. I found this out when i was 1 mile down the road from the dealer. I turned around and after a very apologetic salesman produced the SD card all was sorted.

These come seperate to the car, and the dealer have stocks of them seperately.

I also got the autofolding door mirror kit, which was 99 including installation (30 mins according to the dealer). It should be included as standard, along with the new LED interior lightbulb kit which i was contemplating. But the standard lights on the Stone leather make the cabin much ligher than the old SE-L cloth.

All in all a good day. I'll post pictures tomorrow, and hopefully an update on Monday once i've spoken to Mazda.

A - thanks for the honest feedback - looking forward to seeing the pics.

So day 2 of ownership and it's been a great day out, with the car exceeding my expectations.

I've attached an initial batch of photos, apologies if they are a bit crap but it was raining and i was too impatient with the AF.

Driving the car has been a pleasure with a mix of Motorway, A, B roads and dirt tracks. Road noise is reduced compared to the 2012 model, engine noise is lower as well (expected petrol vs diesel). The wind noise from the mirrors is largely gone!

Another bonus is that i feel that the ride quality has improved, despite all the reviewing journos saying that it got worst on the 19" alloys.

MZD's navigation is much clearer and modern than the TomTom. No configurable icons of voices - but who cares, as i didn't have live services they won't be missed. DAB is great too.

The car feels so much more well made than my previous, even down to the indicator stalks - they just feel more solid in action.

The petrol engine; well yes it is a bit slow initially but once going it's great. Just work the gears and revs - a bit like being in the Mrs Mazda 2.

I missed off yesterday that the car also comes with a speed limiter - handy with average speed cameras. Still no luck with the hotspot connection and MZD. Average fuel consumption so far is 32 mpg, if it returns over 35 on average i'll be happy.

DSC02327.jpg
DSC02333.jpg
DSC02329.JPG
DSC02332.JPG
DSC02331.JPG

Two detailed reports thank you.

I have always been happy with the ride, but I believe one of the improvements has been suspension mods.
31mpg is really good considering the car is petrol.

I notice no AFS switch on one of the pic, so does that mean the LED head lights don't have them?

You mention not having live services, I thought the Nav still came with a free trail?

One thing I am interested in can you mirror your smart phone, I'm thinking of using google maps traffic and nav if it will show on the built in screen

With my car I have never had a rattle, but find the car can be noisy on a motorway depending on wind direction, and I've never liked the nav having had better in the past, so at least those two are positive improvements.

Last edited:
I though the same but AFS is now a software option in the settings menu on the MZD. As for live services they is a free trial of the MZD version - i was refering to the true TomTom live services.

Pricing is 65 ish for MZD live services for 3 years total vs TomTom of 50ish per year. I've yet to get mirroring working as i've not plugged the phone directly into the USB port i'll try it later, but that might come courtesy of one of the apps (aha or Stitcher).

Back