Fog Light Led Bulbs from eBay

Can you share how did you accomplished it? Or cars have this capability in Europe?

There's a mod in the cx9 forum, splice a wire from one the fuse box to another part.
Anyways I'm waiting for one that does NOT require parking lights on. Fully independent fog light control.... which I had on my Mazda3 2004 someone figured it out mod wise.
I think turning on Parking Lights with Fogs are stupid. :) On my 3, since there was no DRL, I liked having just the Fogs on as a DRL.

... I'm waiting for one that does NOT require parking lights on. Fully independent fog light control.... ..

why wait? just start poking around the fuse box (or where ever the fog relay is located) for a switched power source. find one that turns on with key on, and run a jumper to the relay. done.

Yeah, crappy pics, but I installed the LED bulbs today. First impression... I'm impressed. Stock bulb is on the passenger side, LED on the driver side. I'll try to get some more pics later tonight when it gets darker out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 236
Just checking I know on almost all of my other cars they throw a code with LED or aftermarket HIDs without a load resistor, you guys aren't having any problems with the LEDs in fogs or even low beams?

Yeah, crappy pics, but I installed the LED bulbs today. First impression... I'm impressed. Stock bulb is on the passenger side, LED on the driver side. I'll try to get some more pics later tonight when it gets darker out.

Looks like the LED conversion adds considerable glare to oncoming motorists.

Daniel Stern is a true automotive lighting expert and has written a number of excellent articles on the subject. These should be required reading before anyone tries to improve road safety with lighting upgrades. Here is his article on fog lights:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/fog_lamps/fog_lamps.html

good to hear,

Headlights as well?

Headlights should be fine, putting in your own HID aftermarket, or changing to other bulbs is fine... hopefully you're not putting in LED headlights though, since those aren't bright enough.

Headlights should be fine, putting in your own HID aftermarket, or changing to other bulbs is fine... hopefully you're not putting in LED headlights though, since those aren't bright enough.

HIDs in lows and LEDs in fogs as well as license plate lights.

Back