Chinese Aftermarket CX-5 Mud Flaps

i bought the OEM ones off ebay for $120 shipping included and they arrive tomorrow....woohoo

Do you have the link to which ones you Ordered?

Also,let us fellow Canucks know if you get 'nailed' with any duties...I've had some nasty surprises when ordering off of ebay!

i order and ship to a buffalo address and i pick it up. i declare the value and sometimes they let me go, if they don't, its just a few bucks. i got away the last two times crossing so hopefully the streak carries, if not, o well.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

if that doesn't work, its item # 380416204481

i order and ship to a buffalo address and i pick it up. i declare the value and sometimes they let me go, if they don't, its just a few bucks. i got away the last two times crossing so hopefully the streak carries, if not, o well.

That seller won't ship to Canada... :(

On another note...
I once ordered Blitz car wax that is not available in Canada to be delivered to Montreal. It was $28 with shipping. Once it arrived via UPS they wanted an ADDITIONAL $32 COD!!!! (pissed)I refused it and eventually worked it out with the supplier and I just paid the duties and 'fees' and they credited my credit card. It is really hit-or-miss when ordering on-line from the US especially if shipped via UPS. Whenever possible I'll use USPS. Never got dinged more than $5 + GST & PST. Reasonable.

Last edited:
I got ebay chinese mud guard,

just remove snaps from wheel well and the rear that single bolt on the bottom

I increase the hole size on the flaps so the snaps will fit right in. no new holes to be drilled, cheap and it works, just wait for 4-6 weeks for delivery.

can't tell if it is OEM or not.

Can anyone provide a side shot of their car w/splash guards on it please. I'm having a hard time fiding said picture; I only can find close up shots at various angles, not a full vehicle shot. Thanks n advance

Can anyone provide a side shot of their car w/splash guards on it please. I'm having a hard time fiding said picture; I only can find close up shots at various angles, not a full vehicle shot. Thanks n advance

not sure if this helps, as for mileage I didn't notice any difference. there has been lots of debate on this topic, maybe some aerodynamic guru can give us some insight.

Attachments

• photo hr.JPG
    photo hr.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,191
Last edited:
The Chinese ones seem to come down a little further then the Mazdas.

Last edited:
I just installed the Chinese ones on the rear. Really easy. I made the holes in the mudflaps slightly larger and used the lower two push-pin-rivets that were already on the car and ignored the top hole. The top hole of the mudflap does line up with a mark in the molding that looks like it is designed for something to be screwed into it. The top hole would require drilling a hole in the molding and possibly the sheet metal behind it, I don't know whats behind the molding in that pre marked spot. I would rather use another push-pin-rivet in that spot then a screw. No need for adjustments on the bottom bolt. I will do the fronts another day.

I just installed the Chinese ones on the rear. Really easy. I made the holes in the mudflaps slightly larger and used the lower two push-pin-rivets that were already on the car and ignored the top hole. The top hole of the mudflap does line up with a mark in the molding that looks like it is designed for something to be screwed into it. The top hole would require drilling a hole in the molding and possibly the sheet metal behind it, I don't know whats behind the molding in that pre marked spot. I would rather use another push-pin-rivet in that spot then a screw. No need for adjustments on the bottom bolt. I will do the fronts another day.

Here is the install guide for the OEM rear and it shows all the bolts and clips needed. Mazdaparts.org has a good price for the front and rear.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx5rearsplashguards.pdf

Problem is that my dealer wants $250 for the set!!(screwy)

@$40 a set I can 6 from China!!

Is that installed, I just bought front and back mudflaps for my 2014 cx5 for $98.00 at the dealer they wanted $105 to install them. I put them on myself only took me 1 hour

Finished up the fronts. I did not use any of the included screws because they were already starting to rust while in the little plastic bag. I used all the pre existing plastic push pin rivets that were already in the molding and had to purchase another one for the top hole in the rear and a slightly longer screw expansion rivet for the front middle hole. Overall I am happy with the install. The longer screw expansion rivet is a little concearning because is not as snug fitting as the original push rivets. I do like that I did not have to modify or snip any of the original molding and could always go oem if the $35 Chinese dont work out.
Here's the link on _bay:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Attachments

• DSC00738.JPG
    DSC00738.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,241
  • DSC00737.JPG
    DSC00737.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,040
  • DSC00740.JPG
    DSC00740.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 995
  • DSC00736.JPG
    DSC00736.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,030
Last edited:
I just purchased these off eBay. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
I buy stuff from China all the time and there are no duties/brokerage fees/taxes from China to Canada/US. I only get nailed buying from the US to Canada when the item is $15 and up. I will post how my install goes when I get my CX-5 and when I get these guards. LOL

I have these... https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

The back 2 went on fine. I could not get the front 2 to snap in with the push rivets so I bought some at Lowes that were a little longer for $1.04. Also the screws began to rust immediately. Replaced with some other plastic black rivets that I found there too. Way better than $100.

I installed these from ebay, No problems!

I had to -
Drill the ebay covers a bit to make the holes wider
Use the pop screws already on the CX-5 to hold it in - they all fit but were very tight due to the additional space required to push through.
I also had to screw in scews at the top just to keep the fit even. There is an existing hole in the gaurd and it fit perfectly in there.

Took 5 minutes to do

Back