Autocross Pictures and Videos

6981120966_666fdcf145_b.jpg

lol...it is quite feminine...its based off a joke when one of my friends registered it as "ladybug" for color when he was codriving it...then on forza4 they recreated it as a ladybug ...so it was inevitable.

lol...it is quite feminine...its based off a joke when one of my friends registered it as "ladybug" for color when he was codriving it...then on forza4 they recreated it as a ladybug ...so it was inevitable.

People will remember you with that look, lol.

Derrick

Forget about the ladybug. Read Andy Hollis' notes on autocross. Position first. I did not like how you positioned the car. As an Evo instructor told me: If you don't need to go out there, don't go out there. Keep it tight on the cones and slither through the slaloms. This here is a narrow car so there is no need to let it go wide unless you purposely are trying to carry more speed or re-position for the next element. I try to drive the 2 a bit like the Miata: conserve momentum and keep a tight line. Compromise position only when it requires giving up too much speed.

Matleehuff I like those wheels a lot on the track!

Joker,
Ladybug is just for fun so cant drop the stupid image as im not serious about putting the $$$ in to be competitive..but i do want to be a better driver so if you have a link to his notes..(Ive seen his tire faq etc but if he's got a book\article somewhere send it on so I can read it) Thanks. Timing of family events have kept me from hitting up the local autox driving school the last 2 years so aside from bribing jack burns to ride along with me on my runs, I'll have to read for now.

mattleehuff are you going to be at the rest of them at the ralph this year? i would have been there but i was outta town but i plan on going to the rest.

First post...I compete in the Midwestern Council High Speed Autocross series which is a time trial based series. This is a video from the first event of the year out at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. I turned a 1:42.7 which is seven seconds slower than the B-Spec track record. I'm just figuring the car out so other than brake pads and lines everything else is untouched. Enjoy.

Matleehuff I like those wheels a lot on the track!

Joker,
Ladybug is just for fun so cant drop the stupid image as im not serious about putting the $$$ in to be competitive..but i do want to be a better driver so if you have a link to his notes..(Ive seen his tire faq etc but if he's got a book\article somewhere send it on so I can read it) Thanks. Timing of family events have kept me from hitting up the local autox driving school the last 2 years so aside from bribing jack burns to ride along with me on my runs, I'll have to read for now.

I like Ladybug, but what I meant is that you should focus on car placement and ignore negative/positive coments re. your car's appearance.
Start with this one:
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=127408

It helps me some!

Last edited:
First post...I compete in the Midwestern Council High Speed Autocross series which is a time trial based series. This is a video from the first event of the year out at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. I turned a 1:42.7 which is seven seconds slower than the B-Spec track record. I'm just figuring the car out so other than brake pads and lines everything else is untouched. Enjoy.

Cool video. At first I was thinking the track would be small, but it was wrong. Some good driving there too. What pads and lines are you using, and how do they compare to the stock bits? Welcome to the forums.

Latest silverdome run. After watching the 1st place stf car's video im seeing where I could have driven super wide on spots with no cones to make the tighter corners faster but I think im improving in car control. This isnt my fastest run but the instructor was with me on this one by request since I needed to be schooled.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j_9GF1T-wfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool video. At first I was thinking the track would be small, but it was wrong. Some good driving there too. What pads and lines are you using, and how do they compare to the stock bits? Welcome to the forums.

Thanks. Blackhawk is 1.95 miles to it's a decent sized track. I'm using Porterfield pads and shoes, ATE Super Blue, and Techna Fit brake lines. Compared to the stock stuff I get no fade at all. For the first event the pads were smoking a bit cause they were brand new. This past weekend was our second event. It was 95 degrees out, and the brakes never smoked or faded.

Unfortunately, due to the heat some repaved portions of the track started coming apart so my tires took a real beating.

"Circuitcross" at Atlanta Motorsports Park in Dawsonville, GA. Brand new track. A mustang did some durability testing of the guardrail right above a cliff. And I heard at a previous event an HS 2 got way up on 2 wheels and almost flipped, so be careful out there you guys running r-comps on stock suspension!

I was super impressed with the two and apparently was running at an impressive pace for a bone stock 100hp car. I made a fan of the guy handing out timeslips. Results have not been posted yet though.

A PDX was running simultaneously on the other half of the track, which made the rolling grid a little interesting. The blind corners and sharp elevation changes made for a super fun course.

tirelift.jpg

A little bit of tire left, supposedly it was getting up quite high.

DSC03155.jpg

There was a seriously steep hill at the start (not this one), and walking the course was quite a workout.

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo5.jpg

pro's codriving my car basically said the same thing about r comps and rolling over when it was stock...so thats seems to be the general consensus

Back