body kit install

aceaspade

Contributor
:
Mazda Mx6 FSZE
hey everybody im installing the vader body kit on my mx6 and ran into an issue, the front bumper was about 1.5 inches too wide on each side, i cut the center in a v cut (not the whole thing just the top section) to squeeze it closer with out having to cut it and fiberglass the whole thing.

i found the other post about his install but all the pics are gone, i was wondering if anyone else had installed a kit and may be able to give some tips

these are some pics of the upcoming body kit and install, i dont know how to show them in the thread so they are attachments

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMAG0108.jpg
    IMAG0108.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 220
Day 2

despite the lack of intrest in this thread (stash) i will carry on and post todays pictures, i had to eventually cut the center all the way through to make it fit properly on the sides, this is not all ways the case on kits though, we installed my buddies kit 3 days ago on an eclipse and it was just a matter of flexing it right.
on this one i screwed it in on the fenders and cut the center than trimmed away the excess, after that i was able to brace it with some self tapping screws and pop sickle sticks (the holes will be filled with milk shake and glass) then i used a few pieces of glass to add rigidity to the center so i cold pull it off and keep my dimensions.

tomorrow i will fill glass the bottom in full and milkshake the top and add a few pieces that i cut out messing with it (they didnt need to be cut out obviously)

Attachments

• IMAG0108.jpg
    IMAG0108.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 190
day 3

today i pulled the bumper off the car and flipped it so i could glass the underside, a did three layers for glass mat not sheet (its stronger & easy to use), after i layed my three i did 2 layers going the other way for extra force.

once this was done i flipped it back over and cut and smoothed the glass down (the one on top i used as a support bracket)

I sanded the area with 60 grit and wiped it down with water, then xylen to remove any oild from my hands as well as any other contaminates.

i miked the milke shake with appx 4 oz of bondo and appx 3-4 of resin, i used both hardners a dash of bondo hardner and for color to ensure proper mixture, and appx a teaspoon of resin hardner, mixed it real good and layed it down.

it went on real smooth and much better than either one alone!!(breakn).

i then used the left over on the inside that was glassed earlier in the day to add extra strength, then smeared it around the corners on the inside as well.

Milk shake is fiberglass resin and bondo mixed to the consistancy of.. you guessed it MILKSHAKES!!!!!!!!!!(boobs2)

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    659.4 KB · Views: 193
the amount of work you have put into it is very impressive. but that doesnt make that bumper any less ugly. even if you get perfect fitment out of it. that bumper does absolutely nothing for the body of the 2nd gen mx6

HATING! lol its the better of the body kits that they sell for the 2nd gen, i dont like the fat body kits they make. i got it as well for the huge front center opening as well for the fmic that is soon to come.

the amount of work you have put into it is very impressive. but that doesnt make that bumper any less ugly. even if you get perfect fitment out of it. that bumper does absolutely nothing for the body of the 2nd gen mx6
Im VERY tempted to agree here... but give him a chance and lets see first how this one turns out

next day

yesterday i smoothed the milkshake off, and patched a few small spots as well i had to reconstruct one of the side pieces cause i foolishly cut it off last week. it was so cold 24f that nothingn wanted to set up and took a lot longer i only have 1 pic for you today

Attachments

• IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 170
here's a tip for the pics, make an account on photobucket, and host them from there, copy the IMG code and paste it here. Here are some pics of the body kit ur installing on my car.
mazdamx-6-1.jpg

mazdamx-6-2.jpg

mazdamx-6.jpg

First let me say, sorry i have not posted in a while, i am in the middle of a move and have not gotten back out side. plus its about 21 degrees out side so... @ joshua did you have to chop the front clip? mine wouldnt fit right with out cutting the center as im sure u saw. pics to come within the next few days (hopefully)

that kit is absolutely hideous. i appreciate the work that you put in but when did you think that the kit was gonna look good? . find some other ricer to buy it, and use the money to put your stock body panels on, get a front lip, and buy some lowering springs

Last edited:
First let me say, sorry i have not posted in a while, i am in the middle of a move and have not gotten back out side. plus its about 21 degrees out side so... @ joshua did you have to chop the front clip? mine wouldnt fit right with out cutting the center as im sure u saw. pics to come within the next few days (hopefully)

i'm not sure, i bought the car with the kit already installed, PO did a terrible job. tore it off in a wreck, and am now just getting ready to replace all of the body parts. and idea what that thing running across the core support is called? mine broke off and was lost in the wreck.
whatisthis.jpg

that kit is absolutely hideous. i appreciate the work that you put in but when did you think that the kit was gonna look good? . find some other ricer to buy it, and use the money to put your stock body panels on, get a front lip, and buy some lowering springs

keep your ideas on your car, and let people like us do our own thing.

Last edited:
i cant tell you guys what to do or what not to do, im just saying that one color cars with non universal body kits look a lot better than cars with mismatched panels, and kits that were made for civics.

that bumper was made to go with the skirts, and rear add ons. everything that comes in that kit matches everything else. it's made to go together

yeah but much like the buddy club2 body kit, its a fairly universal mold made to fit many cars, just by changing fitment. in no way is that front bumper meant to compliment the beautiful lines of the mx6. the side skirts are ok, and the rear is good, but that front bumper is a disgrace imo.

00.jpg

123552756476477.jpg

duraflex-honda-cr-x-1988-1991-vader-body-kit-1.jpg

do you see my point here? this is not a good looking front bumper. i reccomend finding something that compliments the natural lines of the car. there is nothing wrong with stock body panels.

use this car as inspiration,

DSC_0325.jpg

i see what you mean, but of the like 3 body kits made for the mx6, the vader looks best.

Last edited:
im really not trying to be a dick but it should. body kits are old school man, its all about drop, and splitters now.

Latest posts

Back