Speedline sucks

JOSER_SPEED6

:
2014 Mazda 6 Touring
So my wife bought me a badgeless grill for my Speed6 from a company called Speedline on ebay. I installed it exactly how the instructions said on new years eve. Was driving on the freeway and it happened, the stupid grill broke. I was going bout 65-70 and I saw something flapping around and I pull over right away and the stupid thing was broken in two places but it didn't fly completely away. So I got a hold of the company to see what they could because its b.s. that it broke. After going back and fourth with the company, nothing got solved. They were basically trying to blame me for it, saying that I intentionally broke it. Why would I intentionally break my grill. Anyway long story short the grill sucks, the company wont work with you if there is a problem. A this point I'm going to dispute it with my credit card company and go from there. So if y our thinking about getting one think twice.

Attachments

• grill1.jpg
    grill1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 297
  • grill2.jpg
    grill2.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 263
  • grill3.jpg
    grill3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 243
wow that sucks. but thanks for the post, cause im looking at badgeless grills now

yeah man hope you didn't pay much, because you might get screwed on that deal. Good luck though.

dont buy your parts off ebay.. simple as that.. ive seen some cool s***..but, i know itll be crap in person..

wow that sucks. but thanks for the post, cause im looking at badgeless grills now

I know a company called Nextmod makes them as well but their site was down, last I checked. So Speedline was the only others place I knew made them. Only other choice would be AUTOEXE.....but ouch that hurts my wallet just thinking about it.

dont buy your parts off ebay.. simple as that.. ive seen some cool s***..but, i know itll be crap in person..

I've bought a bunch of stuff from ebay in the past. Sometimes you can get deals there. I bought my old set of wheels directly from AXIS for like $300 and I bought tires on ebay also, no problem. Hell of a deal I would have paid over $2500 at the store but paid like $800 instead. I've bought stuff for my other cars in the past also. This is the first time I've had a problem with anything I've bought off ebay.

Attachments

• cardomain.bmp
    138.1 KB · Views: 182
I have a speedline, absolutely happy with it, never had one problem, their paint is so close only a spray/body man would really catch it. Serveral ppl on here have them too. They are in Twn so it does take time on their cs. The only way to get ahold of speedline is through ebay. I agree a lot of things on ebay are an absolute joke, however, real parts from everyday ppl, dealers and dealerships are wholesale on there at times. You cant generalize the site like that, come on now.

I am not sure why this is still a problem, but if you get one of the badgeless grilles you HAVE to use double-sided tape on the bottom side, or it will come loose. I would have thought by now the people who offer this would have included instructions to that effect. Use a little common sense as well, if the stock piece has four clips on the bottom there is a reason for that.

I'm sorry you had this happen. I have had my supershyguy (think the same as nextmod) grille on my car for two years now with no problems. 3-M double-sided tape on the bottom FTW.

I am not sure why this is still a problem, but if you get one of the badgeless grilles you HAVE to use double-sided tape on the bottom side, or it will come loose. I would have thought by now the people who offer this would have included instructions to that effect. Use a little common sense as well, if the stock piece has four clips on the bottom there is a reason for that.

I'm sorry you had this happen. I have had my supershyguy (think the same as nextmod) grille on my car for two years now with no problems. 3-M double-sided tape on the bottom FTW.

I know about the double sided tape, I used what they supplied and installed it properly. There really is only one way to install its not rocket science. Some people have said they have one and it wasn't a problem....but that doesn't mean they are perfect. I have done numerous mods on several of my cars and this is the first time that a product has broken this way.

Not saying all badgeless grill are crap just Speedlines or atleast the one they sent me. The fact that they said at first I broke it, then that I was going too fast? WTF too fast? These cars are capable of over 150mph and going 70 on the fwy was too fast?

I just received one of these grills but haven't installed it yet. After seeing this post, I had to pull it out of the box and check for weaker points where yours cracked. Mine seems pretty ridged at the corner points. If yours was fiberglassed thinly, I could see how the wind would vibrate the upper fin and cause cracking. Mine was packaged pretty nicely, but yours could also have been smashed and damaged during shipping and you didn't notice it. Something for me/others to think about tho, might reinforce these areas before installation. Hope you can get your situation cleared up.

I just received one of these grills but haven't installed it yet. After seeing this post, I had to pull it out of the box and check for weaker points where yours cracked. Mine seems pretty ridged at the corner points. If yours was fiberglassed thinly, I could see how the wind would vibrate the upper fin and cause cracking. Mine was packaged pretty nicely, but yours could also have been smashed and damaged during shipping and you didn't notice it. Something for me/others to think about tho, might reinforce these areas before installation. Hope you can get your situation cleared up.

Thanks man, hope you dont have any problems like I did. I thought the same thing about the grill when I received it. It looked like a quality product especially for being a replica. But who knows why mine broke.

Wow, I was also looking at this product.... it seems like the only way to go is to get the actual auto exe grille... damn it's pretty pricey...

After reading the above about the corner parts, made me think back about a grill i had in my truck. Its was a stock grill in my ford (painted hard plastic not the abs type) was following a truck one day and a good sized rock flew up and hit the grill. I only noticed a rock chip out of it at first but had to replace it later due to it cracking. My insurance agency asked me if the rock kicked off the road OR straight off the truck, my reply was straight off the truck (i didnt really know honestly though). After it was all said and done, Allstate replaced my 400usd stock grill and covered the painting of it as well under my policy. All under the pretense of "Road Hazard/Road Damage", which falls under comprehensive coverage (zero ded). Now, im not suggesting this is what happened to you, nor do i know what your plan of replacement it. All im suggesting is you might be able to work this in your favor some how with a lil bit of thought and preplanning. I am NOT suggesting fuad by anymeans, merely stating what happened in my case of events. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Just crap that they tried to blame you.

I have a Nextmod Fiberglass Grill and I 3Med the bottom of it really nice. Was a bit of a stretch to get on the side flanges, but been running it for 6 months now with a 40 degree temperature range with no problems.

Could be yours was just defective... it happens, weird the company wont take responsibility for it. I had a pair of CF eyelids not fit right after some back and forth with the Ebay seller they happily shipped a new pair at no cost. Still fit like crap so I just scrapped the project.... Ebay: you win some, you loose some I guess.

I have the Speedline grill on my car since feb 2009 and no issue with it . Has been installed by a pro body shop so .....

Back