seatbelt light

Gambino

:
2007 Nissan 350z
I think this is a good place to post this......

My friend drives a mazda3 and is getting ready to sell it. The potential buyer does not like that there is a light and beep when she isnt wearing her seatbelt. Is there a way to turn off the light and beep (other than simply wearing the belt, as I proposed already)? Thanks

duct tape and turn the radio up. sorry a stupid answer for a stupid complaint. but im glad you suggested my first thought....just wear the seatbelt

ghetto fabulous mods:

buckle the seat belt and run the shoulder strap behind the seat, Do all this while you are out of your seat (or you'd get buckled in, duh)

Cut the passenger seatbelt and use the buckle to "override" the sensor...

Cut somebody elses' seat belt and use their buckle, or go to the junkyard.

Other than that, dunno... never thought about stuff like that since I always buckle (saved my life 3 times, might as well keep going)

example?!?

Attachments

• Wreck1.JPG
    Wreck1.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 146
  • Wreck3.JPG
    Wreck3.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 149
if you want a real answer to that question, if you follow the seatbelt buckle(female) down the the floor, there should be a plug. dissconnect that plug then put a jumper wire between the 2 terminals

I couldnt agree more guys, I keep telling her that. But thank you guys for the input and help

I am pretty sure you can disable it. I think it's a code tweak though. I heard one of the service writers at my dealership saying you can also turn off the "headlights are on" light in the dash.

Great idea, disconnect the warning light and sound, sell the car knowing that these safety features do not function, get your ass sewed for everything you own times 10 when this obviously stupid person crashes, flys half way though the windshield and unfortunately lives.

I suppose the simple answer would be, dont create a situation where the liability lies in your hands.

shouldnt be too hard...see if mazda can hook u up..maybe service guy will jsut tell u how to do it...do what knowledge said

Orgbd said:
Great idea, disconnect the warning light and sound, sell the car knowing that these safety features do not function, get your ass sewed for everything you own times 10 when this obviously stupid person crashes, flys half way though the windshield and unfortunately lives.

I suppose the simple answer would be, dont create a situation where the liability lies in your hands.

The man has a point.

you are only disabling the light. The seat belt still works. It's mechanical for cripes sake. If you need a light to remind you to put on your seatbelt, maybe not having a light will do us all a favor. :)

Just make sure your friend puts it in writing that the buyer has requested that the seatbelt warning light be disabled and thats it. End of story.

or make them disable it... after it is their car they can do whtever they want.

You can turn it off if you go to the dealer... they have to reprogam the comp... but you had better have a damn good excuse why you want it off other than you just dont want to wear your belt. but to me that sounds like a moto rider not wearing a helmet so they dont messup their hair. what good is hair when it's all over the pavement?

Back