anybody got these rotors ?

My front rotors are warped and I need to replece them.
I am looking for 4 rotors and pads for my 2002 P5.

I would love Big Brake Kits but I don't race and that would be a waste of money (and I don't have a lot).
I looked at my options and vendors on this forum but did not find information about these 3 EBay offers.

There is a lot of good rotors and kits, but not many with these prices.

MYROTORS
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
TRI-NET
http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAZDA-PROTEGE-DX-LX-ES-90-03-cross-drilled-FRT-rotors_W0QQitemZ8036881557QQcategoryZ33564QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
ETOP LINE
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8037050685&fromMakeTrack=true

Do you have one of these sets installed ?
What do you think ?
The prices are great !

You'll be fine with stock, if you're fading your brakes in city driving you should be arrested.

Those slotted/drilled rotors are more prone to cracking since every cut/hole weakens the overall structure of the rotor. Not to mention you'll be going through pads faster than ever.

The short answer: goto autozone or pepboys and get replacement rotors with some good brake pads. I suggest using www.cobaltfriction.com for pads. They're great.

Get the brake kit that is offered by Ken (Protege Garage). Works very well.

Thanks for all the info.(rockon)

But I am still unsure. Lot's of people tell me to buy stock rotors or plain Brembo.
Cool with this. I can get 4 Brembo or 4 Jobber rotors for about $250 CAD.
For that same price, I can get these zinc plated sets, slotted and drilled.

Can they be of worst quality than the OEM replacements that everybody offers ? Believe me, I am not trying to compare these with high end or race stuff, but I am tempted to compare them vith the OEM replacement.
My bet is that most of the aftermarket rotors all come from Brembo and that companies rebrand them with extra plating and stuff.
I will just wait to hear more comments/opinions and take my decision on Monday.

As far as pads are concerned, I always used KVR and they are great. KVR rotors look great but they are pricy @ $150 CAD each x 4 = $600 CAD

rotors --> ?
pads --> KVR or Hawk

I've got the entire KVR kit on my car, (rotors, lines, pads, fluid) and holy **** can I stop like a b**** now. I still want a BBK though hehehehe. Btw, do you know how hard it is to actually warp cast iron rotors? They just need to be resurfaced man.

Everytime I resurfaced rotors, they warped again after a few weeks.
So warped rotors = new rotors.
I would love the KVR's ... where did you get them and how much did you pay ?

GhostLinker said:
Everytime I resurfaced rotors, they warped again after a few weeks.
So warped rotors = new rotors.
I would love the KVR's ... where did you get them and how much did you pay ?

Contact Jack at iON.

jack@ionperformance.com he's a dealer for them. I got a pretty good deal too on the whole kit. My stock rotors were heat stressed too badly, the right front was even cracked right through on the backside. All that auto-X ya know!

I have the ebay rotors that you're talking about. I put them on my car last week and so far I'm happy. I read a post somewhere in here where they were talking about how good the quality of those rotors actually are. One of the guys was saying he didn't even get spider cracks around the drill holes. So I don't know what you want to do but they aren't HORRIBLE rotors.

Same here!
hyperboarder said:
I got Brembo X-drilled/slotted rotors off of ebay, really like em. Definitely genuine, not knock offs.

Attachments

• rotor.JPG
    rotor.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 249
hyperboarder said:
I got Brembo X-drilled/slotted rotors off of ebay, really like em. Definitely genuine, not knock offs.

Same here. Brembos C/S 195.00, Hawk HPSs 110.00, ss brake lines 65.00 all 4 wheels, shipped, prices off ebay. No cracked/warp rotors, no pad issues, nothin but kick ass pedal with ss lines. No problems whatsoever after 35k of "use" & not gentle use by any means. Still about 1/3 pads left. It will be time for rotors & pads when these pads finally wear out. There will be nothing left to turn rotorwise.....damn, did it again, no I have not purchased from the links above in particular but did purchase from ebay. There, answered the primary question-call off the thread police please.lol

Last edited:
I got the Brembo's drilled and plated off ebay as well. Haven't put them on my car yet- they've been sitting in my garage since Sept. Still look like new. Paid the same as the other folks- $195 shipped for a set of 4.

those brembros are Brembro rotos but they're not drilled/slotted by brembro. i have been told so basically think of that the way you want it.... and i have these currently on my car with axxis pads and they work gr8 - still need to do the lines.

ghettobubba2001 said:
those brembros are Brembro rotos but they're not drilled/slotted by brembro. i have been told so basically think of that the way you want it.... and i have these currently on my car with axxis pads and they work gr8 - still need to do the lines.

The seller CNC mills em, so they're all balanced. Brembo blanks are a lot cheaper than brembo drilled, so I ain't complaining.

Finally chose the KVR rotors because of the great pricing from Jack @ ION Performance. Got them today and they look great in black cadmium plating.
Now it's time to install but my weekend is fully booked. Maybe next weekend ...

Thanks Jack @ ION Performance ... Super great service.

GhostLinker said:
Finally chose the KVR rotors because of the great pricing from Jack @ ION Performance. Got them today and they look great in black cadmium plating.
Now it's time to install but my weekend is fully booked. Maybe next weekend ...

Thanks Jack @ ION Performance ... Super great service.

Nice! :)
Now, when you get them installed go easy on the braking for the first few stops or you may worp them and that means getting new rotors. (sun)

Honestly, if you dont race the car, upgraded pads are really not worth it. I have these brakes on my car and I absolutely love them. I had upgraded rotors and pads in the stock brake size, and when I swapped the BBK on with OEM pads, there was a noticable difference. Go with these up front and if you autox get some upgraded pads in the back, otherwise just go OEM.

Last edited:
Back