Just curious about your guy's mileage

Padanky said:
drove mine for 2 yrs put around 16,500 miles on it then totalled it, still ran fine after I flipped it.

If you flipped that completly over then I would say that the car held up pretty good. Makes me feel a lil safer now.

SinCityMP5 said:
If you don't mind me askin, how did you flip it Padanky? I have rolled over in pickup trucks, hard to imagine in a p5.

I passed out driving home from the bar went in the ditch landed on it's side they cut the windshield out and had to life flight me. I woke up the next day in the hospital. To find out that I flipped it three houses from my apartment. I now have about $16,000 in hospital bills for nothing. I got a scratch on my arm from them dragging me out the window. I got out the hospital on a Sat. and was was able to go to the gym on Mon. I got a total of $14,000 for the P5

Attachments

• My P5 150.jpg
    My P5 150.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 111
  • My P5 152.jpg
    My P5 152.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 146
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 129
Padanky said:
I passed out driving home from the bar went in the ditch landed on it's side they cut the windshield out and had to life flight me. I woke up the next day in the hospital. To find out that I flipped it three houses from my apartment. I now have about $16,000 in hospital bills for nothing. I got a scratch on my arm from them dragging me out the window. I got out the hospital on a Sat. and was was able to go to the gym on Mon. I got a total of $14,000 for the P5

well that's a hell of a don't drink and drive endorsement right there!

I have around 72,000 on my 2002 P5. I bought it April 2002, I would have more miles on it but the only real time in the shop was because of being rear-ended twice in 2 years.

Right now I'm getting a really loud squeal more like a loud segwaking(sp?) noise. I have had the belts replaced, twice this year. Tomorrow I'm going to bite the bullet and go to a STEALERSHIP and have them look at it. When the SERPENTINE belt was replaced at STS they mentioned that the TIMING BELT would need to be replaced soon. (That was about 15,000 miles ago.)

Other than this problem I have no problems with the engine or performance of the car. I do drive a ton around 60 miles a day from home to work to my gym. I have also driven it to COOPERSTOWN, NY from Long Island twice and once to HERSHEY, PA down to GETTYSBURG, PA, back to Hershey, PA and back to LONG ISLAND...

I get the same exact gas mileage every week around 24 mpg combined, lower than what it sticker promised but hey what can anyone expect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh I need to get a STEALERSHIP story off my chest.. Smithtown MAZDA failed my inspection, get this because my rims had some curb damage and the tires needed to be replaced, they wanted to charge me $1500 bucks for 2 back tires and rims(the original Mazda boring rims), installed with valve stems as the girl told me.

I really came close to telling her that $1500 better come with a sexual favor.. I left the stealership went down the STS got 4 chrome 5 spoke rims, and 4 TOYO tires, installed, balanced and aligned for $1500 including tax...

That is why tomorrow I'm going to try Huntington Mazda, maybe I won't be treated like a smuck as bad...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great site by the way :)

47xxx
No problem so far.
Replaced spark plugs @ 30000.
Replaced brake pads last week.
Installed ATX Fluid cooler cause felt annoyed by the need to have ATX flush so frequently.

Wow misbehave that is some ugly damage.

I got luck in my 2 accidents, one was a huge milk truck taping my rear bumper at like 1 mile per hour and he broke my taillight and crunched the rear quarter panel about an inch, still cost almost $3000 to fix...

The other accident I stopped at a red light, I get slammed into my back bumper, the force pushed down the back bumper and the energy went through the car dislodging my drivers seat and went all the way to the master cylinder and cracked it sending brake fluid all over the road. :(

That cost about $3000 to fix also..

RandomNY said:
Wow misbehave that is some ugly damage.

I got luck in my 2 accidents, one was a huge milk truck taping my rear bumper at like 1 mile per hour and he broke my taillight and crunched the rear quarter panel about an inch, still cost almost $3000 to fix...

The other accident I stopped at a red light, I get slammed into my back bumper, the force pushed down the back bumper and the energy went through the car dislodging my drivers seat and went all the way to the master cylinder and cracked it sending brake fluid all over the road. :(

That cost about $3000 to fix also..

Mine caused about 9K to fix.
I was a a complete stop cause of traffic on I-5.
The jerk behind me wanted to stop someone from cutting into the lane in front of him and behind me after he saw the traffic ahead of me started to move. He gunned it and before I can even lift my foot of the brake. Then I heard 3 sec of tires squeeking and then Bam!!!
And guess what, the guy he tried to block from merging ended up pulling over with us after the crash and stayed as withness and told the cop everything.

65,000 miles with a couple of modifications with no big issues at all. In fact on my 60K checkup the delear said that the original brakes were still fine! The P5 is a great vehicle as long as you don't have one with that VICS issue, which I don't as mine is a 2001 -2002.

2003 P5 and I have this many miles!! (cheers)

Attachments

• 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 147
turned 53K last night and running strong. had EGR valve done at 30K and i cleaned it in november from all the carbon build-up!

Back