rr racing udp (underdrive pulley)

Yeah when you realize the weight difference between the stock udp and the rr-racing or obx udp, you'll thank yourself.

so lets say someone had

intake, exhaust, header, underdrive pulley those 4 things what kinda hp are we looking at?

(just use averages with parts gains say brand is irrelavent right now)

Lord_Zath said:
2, 3, 5, 5. I figure add maybe 15hp.

Damn that SUCKS!!! the Pontiac GT with those mods increase the car at like 35 - 50 hp and I know My friend has one , and is modding his.

I always estimate conservatively. Bottle is always half empty hehe.

Keep in mind that's untuned and I'm probably off... I think the OBX header supposedly adds 10hp alone. I haven't dynoed it. Nor do I care to. So (shrug)

And the Pontiac is using a different motor that puts down more hp to start with. Most modifications will add percentages of hp. In other words, these mods will add 15-20%. A car w/130 hp stock will become ~155 hp. A car w/200 hp stock will become ~240 hp. Notice the difference. You can't compare mods to different cars with different engines!

Last edited:
SkinnyJoint said:
so lets say someone had intake, exhaust, header, underdrive pulley those 4 things what kinda hp are we looking at?

With CAI, CB (header is Essential Speed shorty that adds nothing--nada, but I have a 4/2/1 w/no #1 cat waiting for install), UDP and overbored TB, I picked up around 10+ WHP and about 12 lbs/ft of twist (dynoed).

Be interesting to see what the header adds to the package; I figure, as Zath does, about 10 WHP or so. I'll dyno when header's added and post.

Don't mean to lurk, but this looked like as good a place as any to ask a question. Is running an aftermaket stereo with a udp a problem? I'm not running anything ridiculous, just 500w to a sub. Any thoughts or life experiences?

baknaffekt said:
Don't mean to lurk, but this looked like as good a place as any to ask a question. Is running an aftermaket stereo with a udp a problem? I'm not running anything ridiculous, just 500w to a sub. Any thoughts or life experiences?

I'm sure someone else with a UDP is running a more hefty system than I, but I have my Alpine head unit with peak 240 watts and a subwoofer at 200 watts RMS and I haven't had any issues.

I actually scored blue Unorthodox udp from ebay with belts & homemade y shaped tool to bolt to oem pulley to remove crank bolt for 75.00. No negative issues whatsoever with it. Also sport auto with h/i/e.

Guys how about for us with msp's I already have the UR pulley and my mechanic is telling me to stay with stock because it makes the crank viabrate making my main and rod bearings eventially fail due to the viabration. Is he right does that apply to our cars?

This has been discussed before. It seems no one has had this problem with the FS-DE 2.0L in Pros. I've been running an rr-Racing UD crank pulley for 10K and no probs except startup squealing in very cold weather. May have to look at belt tension this week.

yeah I saw the other comments basically the fs engine is balanced to 0 on the crank itself and does not use the udp as a harminic balancer.

lcruz64 said:
yeah I saw the other comments basically the fs engine is balanced to 0 on the crank itself and does not use the udp as a harminic balancer.

That's correct as I recall. I've been running the RR Racing UDP for probably 5 or 6k miles with no problem, even with the shady Dayco belts :p

Pics

Attachments

• DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 160
Jumping in here, do you guys feel the UDP was a worthwhile investment? I'm always looking for more ways to spend money I don't have :D

Back