How-To remove Flywheel bearing in the center?

Also, looks like one of your valves isn't seating correctly. Maybe it's just the picture. Did you do a leak down test before dissassemblying it?

Last edited:
It wasn't smelling funny.
No leak down test.
I need to clean all parts to inspect because with the oil I can't really tell if the surfaces sufered any damage.
I know for sure the pistons rings are burned.

Attachments

• DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    799.6 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
lcruz64 said:
It wasn't smelling funny.
No leak down test.
I need to clean all parts to inspect because with the oil I can't really tell if the surfaces sufered any damage.
I know for sure the pistons rings are burned.

eww............what are you going to do now?

Definately looks like some heat was on them at least once.. :(

Hopefully if the block is good some rings and you will be fine. I would liketo point out that whatever caused this might still be a problem so It will just happen again under the same conditions.

I already have pistons and rods so I will be installing those and selling the stockers. How much should I try to sell the stockers for?
I think this happened because I have the stock axle back and was boosting 10 psi sometimes so I was thinking installing an electric cutout and run it with the boost controller so that it opens up whenever I up the boost.
Here's some of the goodies that I have to install.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123614066

Last edited:
lcruz64 said:
I already have pistons and rods so I will be installing those and selling the stockers. How much should I try to sell the stockers for?
I think this happened because I have the stock axle back and was boosting 10 psi sometimes so I was thinking installing an electric cutout and run it with the boost controller so that it opens up whenever I up the boost.
Here's some of the goodies that I have to install.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123614066

Well, the stockers have been "Abused" it seems..

I would polish them and sell them as a Paper weight rather than to be used in a motor...

Brian MP5T said:
Well, the stockers have been "Abused" it seems..

I would polish them and sell them as a Paper weight rather than to be used in a motor...
Yeah that's true. Let's see how they look cleaned up and what the exact mesurements are. If they are not bent out of shape might ebay them to see what happens.

lcruz64 said:
Yeah that's true. Let's see how they look cleaned up and what the exact mesurements are. If they are not bent out of shape might ebay them to see what happens.

I took one of mine, polished the s*** out of it and have it on my desk at work next to a Porsche Piston out of the 944.

Brian MP5T said:
I took one of mine, polished the s*** out of it and have it on my desk at work next to a Porsche Piston out of the 944.
That will probably look odd on the desk of a System Engineer but nice at the same time.

lcruz64 said:
That will probably look odd on the desk of a System Engineer but nice at the same time.

Umm, I'm a Tank Driver, It looks a little wirerd on my desk too.. Most people know I'm a car nut/gearhead.

Back