teins for the mp3

Here's are few pics of my old MP3 after the springs settled. S-Techs of course. For those of you considering the S-Techs, are you mainly interested in the drop or are you looking for gain in performance/handling? I did a review of the S-Techs a while back comparing spring rates. I made an interesting find. My review is shown as one of the related threads at the bottom of this page. It's definitely worth a read. Anyhow see my pics below.

Attachments

• getImage-2.jpg
    getImage-2.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 128
  • getImage7.jpg
    getImage7.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 131
  • getImage.jpg
    getImage.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 130
thanks, for some reason i trust no brand name sites over ebay. im always afraid i will get ripped off one day.

Are you guys still using the stock struts and shocks? did adding the springs give you guys better handling? or is it more of cosmetic thing without installing struts/shocks as well...

yashart_mp3 said:
Are you guys still using the stock struts and shocks? did adding the springs give you guys better handling? or is it more of cosmetic thing without installing struts/shocks as well...

i just got my springs and i just kept the stock mp3 struts and shocks and i think the handling is a little tighter. But it could just be my imagination. The mp3 always handled well anyways. I did it mainly for cosmetic reasons anyway

The stock struts on the MSp are the same as Tokico HP so you will have no problems withthe Tien's on the car , I have Teins on my LX with stock struts. I have put over 4o,ooo KMS on the struts since I put the springs on and they are still controlling the springs.

macklum said:
The stock struts on the MSp are the same as Tokico HP so you will have no problems withthe Tien's on the car , I have Teins on my LX with stock struts. I have put over 4o,ooo KMS on the struts since I put the springs on and they are still controlling the springs.

good, i dont have the funds right now to do struts as well as springs. does anyone know the max mileage you can go with teins on stock struts? mine have 53000 miles on them now, i am not sure if the previous owner ever changed them.

You should be ok for awhile ,at least 100,000 miles . I am asuming you have a MSP . I,ve put 30,000 miles on my stock LX struts with Teins and they are still good

i have an mp3.....*cough**avatar**cough*.... (cabpatch)

macklum said:
You should be ok for awhile ,at least 100,000 miles . I am asuming you have a MSP . I,ve put 30,000 miles on my stock LX struts with Teins and they are still good

Back