Seat Bracket Help ASAP

lasermp5

Contributor
:
Protege5
Hey. Picked up some DAD seats from mp5jeff.... http://www2.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69484&page=1&pp=15

and they didn't come with any brackets or sliders or anything. I was told that you can use your stock everything, you just need to weld a bit to get it to work. I took my pass. seat out and removed the bracets and everything from it. It looks like I will need to take the rear seat mounts and weld them in a position to fit bolt up to the seat. Look at the pics and you will see what I'm talking about. Has anyone else installed DAD seats.... how should I go about removing the braket and re-attaching it? Trying to get this done today, so thanks for getting back to me quick...

Attachments

• DSC01652.JPG
    DSC01652.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 732
  • DSC01653.JPG
    DSC01653.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 736
  • DSC01654.JPG
    DSC01654.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 722
Who makes seat brackets for the protege5? Tried searching and didn't come up with much. Thinking it will be better to get new brackets and try to make those fit. Jeff, if you got a minute, could you take some pics for me... thought about what you said and the seat sits waaaaaay too tall in there right now. Can't imagine how tall it would sit if I put another bracket on top of them... Wish I had paid better attention when I was there. Anyways, ya idk what the hell I'm doing...

lol, you should just take it to a shop bro, they won't charge much prolly like 50 bucks...but ill still help you out if you are determined on your own ill go take pics in a little.

Allready took it to a shop... first, he laughed at me when he asked what car it was for... told him that wasn't a very good way to do business and proceeded to leave when someone else came out to help he. Said he could do it, but would run around 120... and the way he was talking abou ghetto rigging it souned crazy... My friend is telling me to find sparco brackets that fit my car or the seat, and them making it work from there. lol at this point, I'm ready to drive back down and have you do it for me for 100bux...

but the seat sits to high as it is... adding something will only sit it higher right...

Well, only if it sits too high with the one end of the bracket. You could cut the tall bracket down and bolt (or weld) a piece of box steel onto it. Is the other mounting point at a decent height? If you could bolt a piece of steel ontop or below the lower bracket, then bolt it to the side of the other bracket and cut off the top pieced of the tall bracket.

Does that make any sense?

Ahhh this is driving me crazy... I kinda understand what you're saying, but I think there will be more involded to it than that. Jeff... you wanna make an easy 100 bux... I'll bring all the s*** down and you do whatever you did to your car... idk how the hell it works, just as long as it's safe. I wanna just take it to a place here but I have no idea where to go... and most people don't even know wtf I'm talking about anyways.

i have custom brackets by corbeau. if not, i think sparco makes brackets. gl with your situation

Back